Houzz Logo Print
ruealex

Flooring for condo

Rue
il y a 8 ans

We have a debate on whether to tile the whole apt with one material or break it up with other materials. We live in S. Florida.

Commentaires (2)

• elainesteinke
    il y a 8 ans

Hi, our whole house is done in darker hardwood flooring with only two rooms, one of our baths and the spa/laundry done in tile and I love the continuity of the similar flooring.

If you do different flooring ensure that the change up is because the room has a different function, for example kitchen or baths, but I would have bedrooms and hallways and main rooms in the house be the same flooring. This pic is a good example of transitioning different flooring, more busy in the stairs area with combining the two looks than just the straight transition as in the second pic, so more personal taste.

Open Floor Plan Living Room Pittsburgh · Plus d'infos

Cary Bernstein Architect Hill House · Plus d'infos

• PRO
    Hunt Custom Homes
    il y a 8 ans

I believe it is a personal preference. You need to do what you think looks best. Personally I like the same floor throughout.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».