Houzz Logo Print
umbris

What Makes an Indoor-Outdoor Space?

IQ Outdoor Living
il y a 8 ans

What do you think the key design elements are to create an indoor-outdoor space?

A flush floor finish inside to outside?
Being able to use the outdoor space throughout the year?
Outdoor living elements such as an outdoor kitchen or fireplace?
A minimal division between inside and out?
Garden comfort factors such as lighting and garden heating?

Commentaires (3)

• Ocean Clarke
    il y a 8 ans

All of the above! Warming outdoor heating is a definite favourite though. While the forth image is a great example of bringing the feeling of the outdoors in, I feel it doesn't have the same effect in winter. (Great for sunshine but not so much for dreary wet days cooking!)

IQ Outdoor Living a remercié Ocean Clarke
  • PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    il y a 7 ans

I agree all of the above plays a big factor to create a successful indoor - outdoor space. The choice of hard landscaping surface need to match or compliment the use of the floor treatment from the indoor space and must definitely be flush.

• PRO
    Kate Gould Gardens
    il y a 7 ans

Heating and lighting make an outdoor space so much more versatile. We will often try to incorporate some of the inside decor or flooring into the hard landscaping if possible to create a sense of continuity. If you cant use the same floor tiles then there are other ways to create this effect. An example of this is in a Chiswick Courtyard where we painted the fence the same colour as the indoor kitchen units.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».