Houzz Logo Print
tccsp11

Is there benefit to the exposed shower pipe shower systems?

housebuilding126
il y a 7 ans

We are looking at the Hansgrohe shower pipe systems for our new home. I love the look of them and am wondering if we should pay a little extra to get them for the other two bathrooms (we will be for sure getting it for the Master shower). Is there any benefit to having an exposed system or is just for looks?

Commentaires (10)

• Kelley Dockrey
    il y a 7 ans
    These pipe systems requires less plumbing inside the wall and most people will want a traditional shower head to go with a rain shower head. They may not know it until they have a rain shower head.
    housebuilding126 a remercié Kelley Dockrey
  • housebuilding126
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

The system we are going with actually has a hand shower that provides a more traditional shower head on a slide bar. Is there a benefit to having less plumbing inside the wall? Or is as that negative thing?

• Kelley Dockrey
    il y a 7 ans
    I also have a couple from HG of the same setup.

I used them since they allow the showers to be more functional for people of different heghts as well as for different purposes such as taking a shower while sitting on bench. also, the hand held comes in handy for cleaning.
  • housebuilding126
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Do you have any of the lower flow, eco models? Those seem to be a little less costly. We are splurging on the master, but were hoping to get one in the $500-$600 range for the basement shower.

• Carol Johnson
    il y a 7 ans
    You might pay less in plumbing costs.
  • Kelley Dockrey
    il y a 7 ans
    I have a version of chroma that they know longer make. Mine are about six years old. I have five of them. At the time, they were the most expensive HG showerheads, but they were not as expensive as some of the stylized showerheads by Stark or Axor. I have some Axor diverters and thermostatic mixers.

I've been having some issues with the chroma showerheads and unfortunately since they no longer make the version that I have, I have to return them to be rebuilt as part of the lifetime warranty.

the new chroma version does not offer one of the features than mine has. however, that is the feature that has broken on two of them. I suspect that is why they no longer offer the feature --- champagne bubbles.

in general, I've been happy with HG's customer service.
  • PRO
    Lunada Consulting & Design, Inc.
    il y a 7 ans

The exposed plumbing is a design feature which works beautifully with multiple styles! There are no extra benefits from having the plumbing exposed that I know of - so if you are looking to add them to all your showers that would be a personal design preference. Good luck.

housebuilding126 a remercié Lunada Consulting & Design, Inc.
  • housebuilding126
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Kelley - Are they easy to keep clean? I am going with Chrome. I went with the 10" radiance system in the master. I am considering going with the Hansgrohe 27143 in a combine shower/tub and Hansgrohe 04530 in a basement shower. I love the look of them. We are building a modern farmhouse/transitional/coastal style home and I think they really look great with that style.

• PRO
    bathroomsforme
    il y a 7 ans

If you are a bit confused by Hansgrohe showers and unsure which Hansgrohe shower to buy. We made a blog about it :D

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».