Houzz Logo Print
tanyaabraham

New Boxwood Pruning

tanyaabraham
il y a 7 ans
I installed three Green Mountain boxwood plants a few weeks ago and would like to know whether they should be pruned at all in their first year getting established?

If so, how much should these be taken back and any tips/techniques would help.

Thanks so much!

Commentaires (2)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 7 ans

Very lightly if at all right now they are trying to get established and too much pruning will encourage top growth instead of roots

• PRO
    Les Arbres Tree Service & Fine Gardening
    il y a 7 ans
    I agree with the light pruning, it is very important to let the boxwoods establish. When you do get to pruning avoid using shears of any kind, the best pruning is with handsnips. It takes more time but allows for a better look for the plants and allows for better health for the plants. Make sure to deadwood the boxwoods seasonally and clean up leaves from under the plants as often as needed (boxwoods drop their leaves two times per growing season)

The link below shows what hand pruning looks like:
    Fine Pruning · Plus d'infos
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».