Houzz Logo Print
kuyaariel81

Which glass mosaic would you choose with this porcelain tile?

Kuyaariel
il y a 7 ans

Ok. My wife and I settled on a porcelain tile to use in our shower stall. She really liked the marble look and I really liked the no maintenance factor. We chose a nice hexagon gray tile ad well. We are undecided on the glass mosaic. She likes the blue and I like the gray. She's worried the gray might look to dull, which I'm ok with. Which would you choose?

Commentaires (21)

• cineus
    il y a 7 ans
    The first grey one. The blue is pretty but doesn't look as good with the porcelain. Add an accent color with accessories, towels, rugs.
  • Elle
    il y a 7 ans

Assuming the photos reflect real life colors...

I think the grayish mosaic goes well with the white tile but not with the hexagon tile. The mosaic looks more grayish beige whereas the hexagon looks gray. Since they're each monochromatic, the clash is more noticeable upon comparison. I would suggest a mosaic that has a mix of white and gray tones (and even an accent of blue if desired and if used as an accent elsewhere in the room).

• PRO
    Studio Riche Designs
    il y a 7 ans

I'd say the first one as well.

• PRO
    D.E. Interior Designs
    il y a 7 ans
    the grey
  • clubnev
    il y a 7 ans

I like the gray also but it seems a little dingy looking. Could be the lighting.

• PRO
    Alex & Lily Home
    il y a 7 ans

The grey is much better. It picks up the veining in the marble. The blue is completely different from everything else and does not compliment anything.

• PRO
    House Blend Lighting & Design
    il y a 7 ans

Gray. Blue for towels !

• jbtanyderi
    il y a 7 ans
    Is there a more silvery grey. Have you looked at stainless steel tile?
  • groveraxle
    il y a 7 ans

Gray, but not that one. Look for a cooler gray. That one seems to have a green undertone.

• Paula Smith
    il y a 7 ans
    Neither. Stick to the beautiful marble and the hex, very classy. You don't need anything more.
  • Kuyaariel
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Anyone?

• tedcamesano
    il y a 7 ans

I like the hex for the floor. The marble stands alone on the walls. The glass tile is unnecessary and distracting

• leelee
    il y a 7 ans

I would totally skip the glass mosaic. Go with the hex. If you add the mosaic--remember that you were warned. By then it'll be too late.

• leelee
    il y a 7 ans

Like the hex in the first picture. Use dark gray grout.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    il y a 7 ans

By "no maintenance" do you mean you will never have to wash the shower?

;)

• PRO
    Chi Renovation & Design
    il y a 7 ans

Here are some bathroom designs of ours that might help you decide-

Simple Master Bathroom · Plus d'infos

Stairs and Master Bathroom Remodeling · Plus d'infos

Wrigleyville Bathroom · Plus d'infos

• clubnev
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

I changed my opinion, I agree with the others on the blue.

• Kuyaariel
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

So, do you like the blue now?

• clubnev
    il y a 7 ans

I like the blue but not necessarily with that tile, as others have stated. If I were to do a blue accent, I would pick a plainer tile for the shower walls. The gray mosaic goes nice but I think a brighter gray may look better. I'm not a designer. I like accent tiles in showers; I'm doing the same thing myself but in other similar threads, the consensus seems to be that accent tiles are dated.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».