Houzz Logo Print
amberstevens

Paint color to go with orange/red brick.

amberstevens
il y a 7 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 7 ans

My husband's law firm recently purchased this building, and I am looking to re-paint the front facade and door. I am thinking of re-painting the door (and all maroon parts) a charcoal gray, replacing the beige with a medium gray, and keeping white on windows. Will the grays look okay against the orangish/red brick? Any other suggestions?

We also removed the fence posts, and will be re-doing light fixtures and landscaping.

Thanks for any input!

Commentaires (14)

• btydrvn
    il y a 7 ans
    I think there is another option...how about painting the brick?..a charcoal...or a greige...it doesn't seem like the red will ever lend the right impression for a law office
  • btydrvn
    il y a 7 ans
    Oops!...Think the comment applies even if it will not be a law office..
  • kculbers
    il y a 7 ans
    Hi. Nice building. I would paint the door black , the trim work black and the rest a light grey. That is my 2 cents.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    il y a 7 ans

What if everything is a beautiful charcoal color? Everything except the sign.

Black House (Steinman Renovation) · Plus d'infos

• amberstevens
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

The brick is very textured, so I don't think we want to paint. Just have to work with it! Any ideas on how to change mortar color (maybe lighten it up?)

• User
    il y a 7 ans

Me Lud, my client is not as black as my learned colleague has painted him in this place!

• btydrvn
    il y a 7 ans
    They make special rollers for surfaces like this..or a smooth coating of plaster...never saw a brick with a finish like this..interesting....and really can't imagine trying to paint only the mortar successfully
  • RJ Rycraw
    il y a 7 ans

I think an olive green would look good as an accent color.

• PRO
    Solid Ground Design & Construction
    il y a 7 ans

This is nice!

• amberstevens
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

How about something like this? Or is this too dark?

Lights and doorhandle could be chrome, and a little greenery in front would help.

• evilfij
    il y a 7 ans
    How about sanding and staining the door a mahogany color?
  • Maureen
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

I think a combination of white, black and red would be really nice.

• Abdullah AlQabandi
    il y a 7 ans
    I would go with white since people associate white buildings with power and justice here in the United States. It may seem superficial but color psychology has been proven to be very effective. To build on the concept of power, I would try to make the building as monolithic (of the same color and texture) as possible. I suggest painting everything but the red brick white. I recommend black for the window frames. You could accent the door with a pop of color although I suggest staying neutral. Navy is a good balance.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».