Houzz Logo Print
dianne_adams

Need HELP with back splash grout PLEASE!!!

Dianne Adams
il y a 7 ans

Help please!!! Can someone tell me if it would look best to match the grout or go a little lighter? Any and all advice welcome!!! Thank you :).

Commentaires (16)

• User
    il y a 7 ans

I'm commenting so I can follow this conversation.

• interiordesignme
    il y a 7 ans

i think you should go just a bit lighter cuz the grout usually gets a bit darker with time...

• Tems
    il y a 7 ans

Your backsplash looks oddly cooler toned than the rest of the kitchen...is it the lighting?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 7 ans

Match the tile but I agree the tile looks off in the pictures it looks like you have cream cabinets and white and gray counter and pale gray backsplash

• Dianne Adams
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Jeez, I hope so Tems lol! It is most definitely the lighting. It's a bit lighter than it appears in the pic ;).

Interiordesignme - the pics above appear to have a slightly lighter grout? Again... could be lighting. Wish I could see all these things in person!

• Dianne Adams
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Patricia - I didn't even notice lol! Poor lighting. The cabinets are a cool shade of white.

• Tems
    il y a 7 ans

Does your countertop lighting have the same color temperature as the ceiling lighting? If not I would recommend getting that fixed first!

• Dianne Adams
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Oh god... I have no idea! Under cabinet lighting is led as are ceiling lights. Pics were taken from my old iphone so I'm certain that comes into play.

I really just needed to know what to do about the grout lol!

• Laura Mac
    il y a 7 ans

Perhaps a nice soft white (not a bright white). Your grout lines are thin. It will complement your cabinets and counter. (You don't want it to match your tile or it will be a wall of color).

• PRO
    Dragonfly Tile & Stone Works, Inc.
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Match the tile. Do a few samples of the colors that you think match best before you grout the area.

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    il y a 7 ans

Your best bet would be to get an actual grout sample deck to bring home. In your lighting, and surrounding colors you will be able to pick the right color better than guessing from a photo.
    I normally like to match grout to tile but in your application I think a color a couple shades lighter than your tile would look splendid.

• PRO
    Point Design LLC
    il y a 7 ans

I would also match the tile

• Dianne Adams
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Thank you all so much! Going to match it... Tile installer said would be a tiny bit lighter when applied. Fingers crossed!!!

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    il y a 7 ans

Dianne, make sure your installer uses good clean water when mixing with grout. If you have hard water, the minerals within the water will come to the surface of the grout when the grout is curing. Could lighten the grout considerably if clean water is not used.

• Dianne Adams
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Cinar Interiors - Good to know!!! I will tell them and thank you :).

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».