Houzz Logo Print
angela_davis6830

chesterfield sofa

Angela Davis
il y a 7 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 7 ans

Living Room Ideas · Plus d'infos

I love this blue sofa. I don't want to buy the matching love seat, but do need something else. Any advice on what styles/colors would complement this sofa and a wall color?

Commentaires (14)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    il y a 7 ans

Select a pair of lounge chairs in a patterned fabric that has some blue in it that also has the nailhead detail.

Angela Davis a remercié BeverlyFLADeziner
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    il y a 7 ans

Angela Davis a remercié BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Angela Davis
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Living Room Ideas · Plus d'infos

Would this recliner be complementary?

• luannparks
    il y a 7 ans

What type flooring do you have in the room where this gorgeous Chesterfield will go? Hardwood/laminate with an area rug? Wall-to-wall carpet/tile? When designing, I like to start with a rug and build the room around that. If you already have a rug that will be under this sofa, then I would find lounge chairs like the others have mentioned in a fabric using a color or two from the rug and being mindful of the rug pattern. Don't want the lounge chairs' fabric to compete with the rug. I pick wall color, along with drapery fabric, throw pillows and other accent pieces from whatever rug will be in the room. Love the blue of this Chesterfield....would love to decorate a room using this! Good luck!

Angela Davis a remercié luannparks
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    il y a 7 ans

Definitely choose one with a pattern fabric. If you have a large patterned (non geometric) rug for the room, then look at a smaller geometric or striped pattern for the chairs. Be sure you sit in the actual chair before you purchase/order it. The chair in your photo looks too deep to have such a slanted back.

Angela Davis a remercié Barbara Griffith Designs
  • jbtanyderi
    il y a 7 ans
    The suggested recliner is the wrong style and quality to go with such a sophisticated classic sofa.
    Angela Davis a remercié jbtanyderi
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Nebraska-Blue

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    il y a 7 ans

I'm glad you don't want the loveseat. Sofa and loveseats are the most difficult combos with which to work.

I like all the chairs above , but I wouldn't mind the matching SOFA.

No to the recliner and really love the dark plaid that Beverly posted

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    il y a 7 ans

Do you have a rug?

• jomearaak
    il y a 7 ans

What room will this beatiful couch be going in, and what purpose will the room serve, watching TV, lounging, office, formal sitting? I am in love with this couch! Good choice. I ask because, if you need seating for only 2 more people, then simple wingback chairs will work, but if you need more than 2, you could get away with getting another sofa, if you have the space.

• connie912
    il y a 7 ans
    Such a classic, beautiful sofa! You are correct in saying no to the loveseat. It demands two pretty chairs of classic beauty also.
  • luannparks
    il y a 7 ans

Like jbtanyderi said, that recliner you asked about isn't the right style for the Chesterfield sofa. I have attached a small-foot print, somewhat-of-a-wing-back recliner in a fabric to coordinate with the beautiful blue leather. The picture from my computer screen is awful and somewhat distorts the shape and colors of the recliner, but the first picture shows the two fabrics "in person". And I would paint the walls a version of the green in the fabric like someone else posted earlier. Again, the rug with all of this will be the next issue. Small geometric, or all-over pattern, or near solid maybe

?

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».