Houzz Logo Print
rogallpaintingandconstruction

DIY Pressure Washing - A Good or Bad Idea?

In general, do you think pressure washing is something that should be done on your own, or with the help of a pro?

DIY!
Hire a pro
It depends (explain in a comment below!)

Commentaires (5)

• tooky58
    il y a 7 ans

Is it something that you or your so has done before? Or, that has the mentality for? I wouldn't have any doubt that hubby could do it, he's just good at doing stuff.

Rogall Painting, Inc. a remercié tooky58
  • Sammie J
    il y a 7 ans

For a simple driveway, sidewalk, or deck, I could easily do it on my own. For bigger projects (like a house, or full lanai), I would always hire a pro. From my experience, the pros have much better equipment than the kind I could buy or rent, and the job always lasted longer.

Rogall Painting, Inc. a remercié Sammie J
  • PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    il y a 7 ans

Sue J sums it up pretty well. For a small spring cleaning project, just rent the pressure washer from Home Depot, and have it done by lunch.

Rogall Painting, Inc. a remercié Gerety Building and Restoration
  • PRO
    Rogall Painting, Inc.
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

That's definitely a good point, Sue J (and Gerety)! Mentioning the difference in equipment quality is especially insightful, and true.

• PRO
    Earthway Enterprises, Inc
    il y a 7 ans
    A good powerwash can make your deck/drive look fresh and new, however the wrong equipmemt and techniques can leave lines, swirls or damage paint.

Hire a pro if you don't feel comfortable with the process and equipment or just dont want to deal with all the mess.
    Rogall Painting, Inc. a remercié Earthway Enterprises, Inc
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».