il y a 7 ans
Is the table natural stone?
How is it anchored to the ground?
Stone, Steel & Sculpture · Plus d'infos

Commentaire (1)

• PRO
    Daryl Toby - AguaFina Gardens International
    il y a 7 ans

Thank you for the question and comment. When I found the stone, I decided that we would cut the the top and bottom parallel. After doing so it was incredibly balanced (a person could actually stand on the cantilevered portion and it would not move). Normally on similar sculptural installs, we core into the bottom and insert a stainless steel rod which aligns with another core drilled into a concrete base/footing. Depending on the type of piece, an epoxy will be filled into the holes for additional support. For this install, we simply placed this onto a concrete footing and used small wedges for any movement in the stone. As a side note, the stone is called Nine Dragon Stone and I hand selected it in China with a beautiful colorization on the polished surface. Attached are photos of the same type of stone polished from other projects and on display at our studio.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».