Houzz Logo Print
christal99

Teal & Grey Colour Scheme For Lounge Help Needed

christal99
il y a 7 ans
Hello. Hoping somebody can help with choosing a colour scheme for the lounge. Walls painted in Purbeck Stone & Skimming Stone. The sofa is supposed to be a pale grey (sable is it's actual name) but to me it looks more on the warm side dependant on the light, whereas I would've preferred a cold grey, but I can't change it now as its brand new. The floors are quite a warm oak colour. I want to try and make the room base look grey as that was what I was originally aiming for, but with some rich jewel colours like teal (mainly) with a splash of purple or fuchsia thrown in, in the way of accessories - and this is what I am struggling with. The only other bits of furniture I have at the moment to go in the lounge are a black glossy console table with 2 x tall black & nickel column lamps and a square bevelled mirror above, and a set of mirrored cube nesting tables. I've attached all photos. I am buying a 5 arm lamp see photo attached to go behind the sofa in the corner to fill that space. I love the polished copper best but not sure whether chrome would be better with the colours I already have. Pleased could somebody help me with ideas for cushion colours (I like textures e.g. Silk, velvet, fur etc) wall art, rug, standing lamp and if it's OK to mix metals?

Commentaires (30)

• tamp75
    il y a 7 ans
    Try looking at Next for throws & cushions. They have some lovely jewel colours at the moment.
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    You might like this cushion http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Biba+Peacock+print+cushion/239568443,default,pd.html

Next has soft velour cushions in plum purple. Both rugs here are from Modern Rugs https://www.modern-rugs.co.uk/

Can't see the pic of the floor lamp you mentioned?
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    I think you can mix metals, but you need to do it well. Here's an interesting article about it, with tips and tricks. https://www.kathykuohome.com/blog/mixing-metals-the-dos-and-donts/
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Thank you for your ideas, really great. Here's a photo of the lamp in copper. I'm more drawn towards teal or grey for the rugs, I've attached a blue one from modern rugs but not sure whether it'd be too much in this colour. I've also attached some cushions but not sure how to tie in all the colours. I do tend to like things matching and slightly symmetrical if that helps. Also I'd like a splash of metallic I prefer Rose gold/antique gold but think silver may match better. Any ideas would be really welcome.
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Some more photos
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Here are some more cushions. Struggling to find a rich gold cushion.
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Here are some cushions.
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Didn't mean to attach so many of the same photos.
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Last one.
  • PRO
    Dulux Amazing Space
    il y a 7 ans

Hi Christal,

You have some great ideas here! I would suggest working on what
    you have and your current wall colours, and adding in colours like yellow
    (Banana Dream 4), teal (Velvet Touch 1) and fuchsia (Fuchsia falls 2). I’d recommend
    only using these colours in a small amount, as this will help highlight certain
    areas in your home. With accessories, try and go for different textures and
    patterns through the rugs, cushions and throws, as this will help add warmth
    and a touch of fun to the space.

With lamps, I think you made the correct choice with the
    chrome (who doesn’t love copper?) so you could incorporate this in to the
    scheme maybe through some picture frame too?

If you’re looking for the greyer tones for your space, you
    could go for a fresh grey Clouded Pearl 1, which would sit perfectly with
    Purbeck Stone.

I hope it goes really well with the decorating and good
    luck!

David

Dulux Design Expert

www.designer.duluxamazingspace.co.uk

• Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    If you go for a grey rug that has some warmer tones in it, so it's not as obvious that your sofa is less cool grey than you'd like, you'll keep the base more neutral and then you can bring the jewel colours in through accessories like art and cushions.
    I love that cushion with the birds, it links nicely to the copper lamp too.
    These rugs are from modern-rugs again.
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    I like all those rugs. So you think I should go for grey as opposed to a blue rug and a copper lamp as opposed to silver?
  • PRO
    Create Perfect
    il y a 7 ans
    Wow, lots of great advise and tips coming your way from Houzz community. It's a great platform.

I would stick with silvers/chrome as it's hard to balance and I wouldn't want you to be disappointed. I would do the standing lamp in a metal to match the metal of the lamps to give it some unity and tie them all into one another.

For the rug I to would go from a grey so you have the 'base' you were speaking about (great idea) and then add your punchy accents. This also then allows you to change them with trends, seasons or even just your mood. I hope it helps :)
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    Do you have things on place yet? Can you show us photos of your room?

I think that silver/chrome for the lamp is probably your safest option.
    But if you love the copper version... just make sure you add some other copper coloured items around the room too. I'm thinking art, a copper candle holder or pillow with copper in it..
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    Ignore typos, typing on phone :-)
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Thank you all for your advice. Not started yet wanted to get some advice first but will post photo when it's done. So I'll get the chrome lamp as advised and grey rug. Now for cushions and a throw. Thinking 3 x sets of cushions in different textures but which 3 colours would you go for?
  • minnie101
    il y a 7 ans

Hi. I quite like the idea of copper as it's found in peacock feathers. You can't go wrong with your colour combos, any of those jewel colours will work, but I like the idea of a deep teal with green personally with the bias towards teal. You can also get copper cushions, I know bouf do a velvet one but it's dear at £89 I think or Zara do a linen patterned one. Do you have curtains or blinds as you could use the teal there? I'm not sure if the Andy Warhol Chanel artwork is your thing but the colours work well. Last pic is just showing its on a wall :)

• Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    Zara home has loads of colourful pillows, also copper. H&M has metallic silver and copper or gold I think.

I'd go for teal, purple and mustard yellow and find art that has similar colours in it.
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Thank you minnie101. I too am drawn towards the dark teal. What about these colours which would you choose for a set of 3 x 2? And would you add plum in or replace one of the colours with plum? However if I go for the copper lamp I'd then need to have a copper cushion. I am only really wanting 3 different colours for cushions.
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    And you could add some hot pink too.
    Tilbury Tanglewood · Plus d'infos
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    Lloyd Park · Plus d'infos

Just to show you some more colourful rooms, but it might be too much for you.
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    Yep, probably too much ;-)
    In which case you could do: copper lamp, cushion with birds, deep teal one and a copper one. I'm pretty sure you can find copper coloured cushions on Etsy too.
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    I like those ideas Carolina too. Never thought about H&M I'll get online and have a look. Instead of mustard what would you choose?
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    And I don't know whether you'd like something like this, but I think there are some interesting looking pieces here. Again, I just did a quick browse and picked up on the colours in one of her paintings...
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Itisfine?ref=listing-shop2-all-items-count#items
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    An I also like Corinne Natel's examples that she posted above. But art is so personal...
  • Carolina
    il y a 7 ans
    Just saw this, reminded me of your dilemma. Very chic...
    Chelsea Park Gardens | London | SW3 · Plus d'infos
  • christal99
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    I've ordered these two cushions, but need a third to go with them. Struggling still with a colour to match. Couldn't really decide on copper, plum or teal in a texture like velvet etc. Not sure whether to just stick with the copper for the lamp and candlestick etc. Any more ideas?
  • kl55hp
    il y a 6 ans

Just did an on-line search for "grey and teal and living room", and this thread came up. Love your ideas, and the advice you received.

How did your room turn out? Can you post some pics?

(I'd like to do something similar in our new rear extension which is approaching the fun decoration time).

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».