Houzz Logo Print
hfav88

Need help with kitchen/family room

hfav88
il y a 11 ans
Hello people of Houzz!

Need advise designing my open kitchen/family room. We have a "pewter" sectional, we will be staining the cabinets a java/espresso color. I am hoping to keep the wall the same color and work around it. I want to try and use the color palette I've included. We also have a built in, that I am considering painting white? Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated! I'd also like to keep the table against the island, it has black legs and a cherry top? Considering painting it all black, or staining the top same color as cabinets?

Commentaires (5)

• hfav88
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 ans
    here's the color scheme im trying to follow
  • PRO
    Charlene Meldrum
    il y a 11 ans
    Definitely would paint built-in White and also stain the table same as cabinets.
    Why keep it against counter? Seems to block the flow of the room.
    I'd use the lighter colors in your palette. Blues, soft grays. They'll look great with the java color as well as the contrast with the white built-in.
    Have fun!
  • lepstein
    il y a 11 ans
    I agree with C Meldrum re the table. Is there room in your budget to replace the island top with one that overhangs at that end so you can put some bar stools and move the table to the centre of the DR? I wouldn't paint it, but I would paint the built in a soft white or a light grey. BTW: new island top would not have to match kitchen. Could go dark grey. Love the Walsh.
  • PRO
    Showcase Kitchens
    il y a 11 ans
    hfav88, The more you can keep the color palette consistent between the two rooms the more successful the final result will be. With large, complicated spaces, there's usually lots going on. Motifs that repeat will help tie the design together. Here is a kitchen/family room we did using grey and white color palette throughout. Though there are no wall units, you can see how the scheme relates. Then you can have fun accessorizing!
  • hfav88
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 ans
    Thanks for your awesome comments! Replacing the counter with one that overhangs hadn't even crossed my mind but would be an awesome solution because that is exactly what I am trying to recreate with the table. Perhaps raising the table to the counter height would also work? I had also thought about sticking the table in the center but we have a formal dining space on the other side of the built in, if I move the table to the center I am not quite sure what I would do with the open space in front of the island. I will definitely be painting the built in! I think a light grey would look just as nice as white! thanks for suggesting that. Showcase kitchen, your work is amazing! I definitely see the motifs love the splash of color and the valence! I might just incorporate that in this space and the rest of the first floor ! Thank you so much!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».