Houzz Logo Print
elitex

I can't believe this is my new bathroom!!!

elitex
il y a 7 ans

So, I finally pulled the trigger. It was time, I had a little plumbing issue and at that point I said EFF IT, lets do this! So, we picked out the stuff, and my contractor went to town. I mixed better stuff like Hansgrohe hardware for the shower, Smartthings switches for automation, etc with things like a cheap Ikea vanity cause its wall hung and the size is right (to clear the baseboard heat) and it just looks cool. I picked what I liked vs going to 1 place and having them do it all. I took my time, I got the materials/piked out the time, and the trades did the amazing work. Its not done, I an still waiting for a euro door, blinds, mounting a cabinet across from the vanity, and some other small things. I moved the wall out a little and got rid of the pocket door (6-8" maybe )which makes this space seem SO much bigger now. Also loved the Toilet a few inches and made the shower a little wider as well. I gave up a little closet space (you can't see that from the photos) but I donated some stuff so, I should be ok, maybe :). Also adding some PAX wardrobes outside so I am gaining more storage there (well I am not, my wife is lol). Anyway, here it is.....

Commentaires (29)

• PRO
    Stecki Construction
    il y a 7 ans

Nice transformation! Definitely looks like there is more space!

• elitex
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    thanks!
  • kiwifruit08
    il y a 7 ans

What a difference! I like your new mirror a lot.

• PRO
    Bling and Things
    il y a 7 ans
    love it. I'm in the process of saving and putting things togeather for our guest bathroom and laundry room. I have beer man's budget with champagne taste. I had sinks pick out until I found some beautiful Italian glass vessel sinks 1,300ish sinks.
    elitex a remercié Bling and Things
  • elitex
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    I'm barely on a beer budget lol but what I can tell you is cut where you can, but don't cut corners (do it right). I had the shower base built correctly, I got good hardware, I got nicer tile, etc . But for example the mirror I got at local big box and it was 50ish, the sink is porcelain and was from Ikea and it's fine. so, obviously don't go totally overboard if you can't but you can have a nice master without spending 30k. I got quotes for ALOT more then I'm spending. also add 10% for stuff you think of along the way. I added extra plugs here and there for my wife's hair dryer to be inside bottom drawer, new bifold for closet, etc. Little stuff but it adds up!
  • JustDoIt
    il y a 7 ans

Great job! I've got the exact cabinets and countertops. Ikea?

• elitex
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Ikea, but don't tell anyone;-). clever design too. The drawers are full drawers not notched like you usually see to accommodate the plumbing where you typically lose half the space. As you know they give you all the plumbing hardware to route it back and down along the mounting wall. Also the back is open so it allowed me to put the plug back there where it's completely open. Can't beat it for the money.
  • Gini Pritchett
    il y a 7 ans

Love the choices here.

• elitex
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    thanks!!
  • PRO
    Laqfoil Ltd.
    il y a 7 ans

Wow it looks so good!

• elitex
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    thanks! need blinds, hang the matching cabinet, euro door, tower bars etc but it's functional and the space feels so good. dim the lights, I feel like I'm on vacation lol....they I get dressed and go to work.
  • PRO
    Jason Beasley Builders Inc.
    il y a 7 ans

Great job! Nice transformation!

• chiflipper
    il y a 7 ans

Well thought out...and it looks amazing.

• elitex
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    I obsessed about the layout for months lol. I was going to move the toilet, put the shower and vanity in a different place.....but in the end moving the wall a little, going to a pocket door, and keeping it close to original made it work the best and feel alot bigger.
  • mscsangel
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

Great job! Looks really nice.

We put the hemnes version of the vanity in our powder room and we LOVE it so much we're going to put a big one in our ensuite. The drawers are SO practical and they look amazing!

• elitex
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    we are thinking about adding another Ikea vanity in another bathroom for that exact reason, full drawers. practical and roomy.
  • hairguru
    il y a 7 ans

I am worried about that thermafoil ikea cabinet peeling, but - you can always easily replace. looks gorgeous.

• elitex
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Euro door came.....went a few inches higher, and a ladder pull handle vs regular.
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    il y a 7 ans

Looks great!

• PRO
    Secret Bath
    il y a 7 ans

Looks very nice. Well color balance, Nice tiles. Good job!

• piperhollow
    il y a 7 ans
    Stunning transformation! Love it
  • PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    il y a 7 ans

Love the shower and flooring. Looks like your hard work paid off!

• Eve Stone
    il y a 7 ans

amazing!!!! Enjoy!

• PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    il y a 7 ans

Looks Amazing!

• PRO
  • PRO
  • PRO
    ERT Architects, Inc
    il y a 7 ans

It looks wonderful. Love the tilting detail.

• elitex
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Now I just need some tower bar ideas, hooks which I'm thinking to put on the wall next to shower (not above toilet) and a trash can and toilet paper holder....probably free standing. Any ideas?
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».