Houzz Logo Print
kmschaefer628

Woca or Osmo on Kitchen Cabinets

kmschaefer628
il y a 7 ans
Has anyone ever used Woca oil or Osmo hardwax-oil on their kitchen cabinets? We will have reclaimed flooring and cabinetry (kitchen, office, mudroom, bathroom vanities) made from reclaimed wood. We're wanting low to no VOCs and a flooring company recommended using one of these finishes on our cabinets as well as our floors. Thoughts?

Commentaires (10)

• kmschaefer628
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

I've also read of some using tung oil on reclaimed chestnut cabinets. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

• kmschaefer628
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

WOCA, thank you for your response. Our cabinet makers are reluctant to try a new product. Do you know of any video tutorials or instructional documents that might help ease them into considering giving Woca a try? Is there a steep learning curve to using Woca? And is it any more labor intensive than applying standard stain and lacquer?

• PRO
    WOCA USA
    il y a 7 ans

It's easy to use and forgiving. The only videos I have are for a flooring application. See instructions for a furniture/cabinetry application:

WOCA Diamond Oil ensures an extremely hard wearing, dirt and water repellent surface. It contains less than 1% solvent and may be used on all unfinished flooring and woodwork, including surfaces finished with all WOCA pretreatments. Diamond Oil is available in several colors.

Work Instructions:

1. The unfinished woodwork must be sanded to grit 100-120 and be clean and dry. Recommended wood moisture content of 12%.

2. Wash Woodwork with WOCA Wood Cleaner and let dry completely (see Wood Cleaner instructions).

3. Shake oil container well before and during use. With a paint brush or small paint roller apply an even coat of oil.

4. If you are working with a horizontal surface, leave the oil to absorb for at least 10 minutes. If not, continue to step 5.

5. Slowly polish the area with a green or red pad until wood appears saturated.

6. Polish off all excess oil from woodwork using cotton cloths. No excess oil should be left on the surface.

7. After 12 hours of pre-hardening, the woodwork should be treated with a second application of oil. A very small amount of oil, approx. 1-2 ounces, is poured on the woodwork and carefully polished into the wood with a white pad. Repeat until all woodwork is done. Polish/buff any excess oil from the surface. No excess oil should be left on the surface.

8. Do not expose woodwork to water during cure/hardening time, approx. 3-5 days.

9. After 5-7 days, clean woodwork with WOCA Soap to provide additional protection against wear and tear.

Tip: For fastest drying time, leave windows slightly open to ensure a steady flow of fresh oxygen.

Warning! Rags, pads or waste soaked with WOCA oil may self-ignite if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, place all rags and waste in a sealed, water filled bucket for proper disposal.

• kmschaefer628
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Perfect. I'll pass this info along. Thanks so much!

• kmschaefer628
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

One more question, I'm assuming these are flooring application instructions. Are these interchangeable with furniture application?

• PRO
    WOCA USA
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

These are not flooring instructions. This is for vertical surfaces- wood work, furniture or cabinetry. Also, please note WOCA finishes are a low sheen, matte finish.

• kmschaefer628
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    So if our cabinet makers finish with Woca prior to assembling the cabinets, so the wood is laying flat during application, would they follow these same steps?
  • kmschaefer628
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Never mind, I just saw one of the steps answers my question. Thanks for your help!
  • PRO
    Mobili Mobel
    l'année dernière

@WOCA USA

Is the white oil a matte finish or does it have a shiny apperance on kitchen cabinetry? Also, is it a non-toxic oil & formaldehyde free?

Thank you!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».