Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_34127679

Knocking down a wall and skirting boards

User
il y a 7 ans
Hello,
We are planning to knock down a wall between living room and dining room in victorian terrace.

We realised that the pattern of the skirting board is different in living room (ornate) and dining room (plain). Is this mean do we need to change all the skirting boards to match the other?
Or is there any clever trick you can do for the bit where the wall is knocked down?

Please let us know your experience.

Many thanks!

Commentaires (6)

• PRO
    MBH Carpentry and Joinery Ltd.
    il y a 7 ans
    A picture of the ornate would be helpful, you may be able to get some beading that closely matches the ornate skirting that can be fixed to the top of the plain skirting to tie both sets in together.
  • User
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans
    Thank you, Matthew.
    The ornate skirting board looks like this.
  • PRO
    il y a 7 ans
    That looks like a 4 inch Ogee skirting placed on top of a 5 or 6 inch chamfered skirting.
  • PRO
    il y a 7 ans
    Sorry clicked to early...
    Depending on the plain skirting height you can get Ogee skirting or architrave to fix on top to make the same desired height it may not match the profile exactly but close enough not to notice.
  • PRO
    1016 Developments
    il y a 7 ans
    I have been faced with this many times in the past. I generally ask the client to choose the profile they prefer then take a sample to the joiners shop where they can generally produce something near identical and I wouldn't have thought you would have a problem with yours
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».