Houzz Logo Print
dana_wills96

Need help with exterior siding colour/materials

danamyt
il y a 7 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 7 ans

Hello all,

We need to decide about our siding materials soon. We knew we wanted board & batten from the get-go, but opted for vinyl board & batten for our farmhouse build to keep costs down. I think the only issue that slightly bothers me is that it never looks as nice as the real deal.

As I am waiting on our builder to come back to us with different options for materials (and pricing) I'm wondering if anyone here has advice or opinions. My husband and I have always been drawn to a deep blue with red doors. Will I grow tired of this colour, I wonder? Should I opt for a boring neutral? The other material I had considered is a Maibec (ie. using real wood that's been treated - I understand is quite expensive - - Canadian product) - even this will have to be re-stained in the years to come, could be susceptible to insects, etc.. If anyone has other opinions let me know. Thanks! Should mention, we are building in Southwestern Ontario.

Commentaires (3)

• cpartist
    il y a 7 ans

If you love deep blue with a red door, then no you won't tire of it. You just said yourself boring neutral. It's your custom build. Do what will make you happy.

• danamyt
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Thanks CPArtist. PS. I checked out your progress the other day. What a beautiful house you are building! Thanks for your ongoing help and advice. :)

• PRO
    Maibec
    il y a 7 ans

Hi @danamyt! If you choose our Navy Blue for your siding, we warrant the solid stain on the product
    (two solid colour factory coats) against peeling,
    blistering and cracking due to normal weathering for a
    period of fifteen years from the date of purchase.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».