Houzz Logo Print
kajuncyn

Curb Appeal on a Budget, Ideas please?

Cindy H.
il y a 6 ans

Door was painted in top picture, but will not remain that color. Any tips or ideas for curb appeal would be GREATLY appreciated.

Commentaires (11)

• PRO
    KOL KITCHEN & BATH
    il y a 6 ans

I would start by planting rose bushes in front of the house to add a colorful threshold, then work on the pathway by adding texture with pebbles or bricks.

Cindy H. a remercié KOL KITCHEN & BATH
  • apple_pie_order
    il y a 6 ans

You already have some nice trees. A professional landscape plan would be a good idea. If that's not affordable now, I agree with Kol that rose bushes would be colorful.

Do you like the blockiness of the white -trimmed windows?

• Cindy H.
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

No i do not like the blocks & I may get a quote from landscaper.. they have rose bushes planted there now, (previous owner) but not spaced out or growing right. :/

• Cindy H.
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Paint & Landscaping is what i was wanting to do and enhance entry way. But wasn't sure of colors or brick pavers or what?

• rosemarie105
    il y a 6 ans

I would add some landscaping to the middle of the large area of grass. A small crape myrtle, with some bright colored bushes. I've seen driveways like that where they do this and it looks really pretty. If you go to nurseries you'll find better deals on shrubs and trees.

I would create a flower bed along the front of the house and plant more bushes and some flowering plants. Ask your nursery what's best for your area.

If possible, I'd paint the right side of the hose. A more gray/beige color, it looks pink now.

Also, give those existing trees a trim. They are a bit over grown. They need a bit of maintenance.

Good luck

Cindy H. a remercié rosemarie105
  • Cindy H.
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

What about the door? What would be a good color? Trees are getting trimmed up as we speak. I am in Zone 8, Louisiana so I was thinking of a sugar kettle in the center with flowers around it and later add a fountain inside of the kettle. Example pic

• einportlandor
    il y a 6 ans

I'd focus first on emphasizing the entryway. It gets a bit lost with the large expanse of lawn. What you do depends on your budget. A landscape plan that you could implement over time would be worth the money.

Cindy H. a remercié einportlandor
  • kellyvorbroker
    il y a 6 ans

paint the door a mustard yellow, paint the right side of the house white to match the window trim, install white/light bamboo shades inside all windows so they match from outside. get rid of downspout near the front door. landscape for color.

Cindy H. a remercié kellyvorbroker
  • chiflipper
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

First photo. Remove all the plantings from the front (includes the two large bushes on the ends). Now remove all the sod between the house and the driveway. Add a wooden "deck" right over the existing concrete (remove "step" portion). Deck should run from the right edge of the multi-pane window to the left edge of the triple windows on the right. The deck should extend from the house to the driveway. This will provide a more welcoming entrance. Amend the soil and install a combination of very low growing evergreens starting at the drive and progressing to tall grasses closer to the house.

You have a very wide house, it needs 4 downspouts for good drainage, properly pitched. One at each end, one just at the left end of the multi-pane window, one just to the left of the high triple window.

Cindy H. a remercié chiflipper
  • Cindy H.
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Good idea, thanks :)

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».