Houzz Logo Print
chrissie33

Breakfast nook...

chrissie33
il y a 6 ans

Hi! Thanks for reading my post. Wondering what else you would do with this nook? I really want drapes but am not sure how to do it where the side window meets the larger window...? Floor length pottery barn type drapes? Also, I don't want a rug because I have small children and it will be ruined after one meal, but know this table is lacking. We use it constantly so making beautiful place settings isnt realistic... please help! :) should I have something on the back wall or just drapes?

Commentaires (16)

• hummingalong2
    il y a 6 ans
    How much space do you have before the smaller window meets the corner?
    chrissie33 a remercié hummingalong2
  • PRO
    Andrea Press of 3 Day Blinds
    il y a 6 ans

You could just do cornices or valances. This way you are getting the fabric of a drape but do not have to worry about little hands.

chrissie33 a remercié Andrea Press of 3 Day Blinds
  • PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    il y a 6 ans

Pottery barn type would look much better!! Andrea Press has a great idea also.

Ken

chrissie33 a remercié Mountain MT Homes LLC
  • simstress
    il y a 6 ans
    I have young kids and understand practicality is a priority. I'd skip the window coverings for now and go for an interesting light fixture -- attention will be on that, and no one is going to care about the windows not having treatments.
    chrissie33 a remercié simstress
  • chrissie33
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

You guys are brilliant! I've been staring at this area all evening and never even THOUGHT about a light fixture. Thank you!!

@hummingalong, just slightly over 3 inches.

• chrissie33
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Do the new light fixture(s) need to be silver/nickel like my hardware? Or can I do the darker stuff?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

I wouldn't do drapes in that spot. keep it light and open. how about woven woods or roman shades for both windows? either would look beautiful and give some texture and pattern to that nook. plus, little hands won't get grabby at them. and notice the lights. you can mix metals.

• anne dee
    il y a 6 ans

Beth H recommendations and a new light fixture

• chrissie33
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

What are your thoughts on matching the nook table fixture to the pendant lights over the island? Should they be the same or different from one another?! Thanks guys!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    il y a 6 ans

they can be matching or similar. either is fine. what did you have in mind?

• chrissie33
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Beth, I really like the style of the second photo you posted above... not sure if I should stick with. Ickes instead though to match my hardware...

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

you mean you think your frosted shades of the pendants may not jive well? you could always get replace glass shades for the pendants. something in the same type of glass as the pendant. or, if you can swing it, do some globe pendants. they are very much in at the moment and look great. you can find these for as low as $70

in fact, they have 2 on sale at that site I mentioned...

http://www.lampsplusopenbox.com/5v119.htm

and the matching table light:

http://www.lampsplusopenbox.com/6n098.htm

or you could do some others like these:

• gtcircus
    il y a 6 ans
    Some ideas
  • gtcircus
    il y a 6 ans
    Some ideas from visual comfort
  • PRO
    BaBoo
    il y a 6 ans

Try a new chandelier for over the table. It will make the space more up to date. Below are a few suggestions.

Lighting as a Jewelry · Plus d'infos

Lighting as a Jewelry · Plus d'infos

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».