Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_34127194

Where should I hang this painting

User
il y a 6 ans
Hello, I've just bought this beautiful painting and would like opinions about where it will make more impact. When I bought it I thought it would look great on the blue wall. But now I've got it home I'm wondering if it makes more impact on the lighter wall. I wasn't really thinking about colours when I bought it! Please ignore furnishings, a blue sofa to go against the cream wall is being delivered soon, and a table and the bench in the attached photo will go where the sideboard currently is against the blue wall.

Commentaires (15)

• Daisy England
    il y a 6 ans
    Another vote for the blue wall.
  • User
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Having been sat here looking here looking at it for a bit, I agree. Blue wall it is then, thank you for the nudge!
  • Suzanne C
    il y a 6 ans
    Blue wall too!
  • Sonia
    il y a 6 ans
    Defo blue wall, it really seems to make the painting stand out. On the cream wall it fades away and looks a little dull.
  • cazSF
    il y a 6 ans
    Blue wall!
  • KK1000
    il y a 6 ans
    On the blue wall with light colour timber frame. You can make simple frame yourself there is lots of info on line how to do it, artwork looks unfinished and blends in the wall to much. Light frame would give it a definition.
  • Jonathan
    il y a 6 ans
    I agree that this will have more presence if framed. I say have a big white mount and a grey frame and then hang it behind your sofa.
  • tezz4
    il y a 6 ans

Contrary to all other comments l would hang it on the cream wall!! It kind of blends into the blue wall but surely pops on the cream one. And if it is painted along the sides of the canvas l wouldn't frame it - but if it is white along the side then for sure it must be framed.

• Monique
    il y a 6 ans
    Beautiful picture, I can see why you bought it. I think unframed against the blue wall. This will make the picture a feature and a talking point.
  • User
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Thank you so much for all your helpful comments! I've had the painting propped up in different places around the room now and it definitely jumps out more against the blue wall where it's also framed by the entrance to what will soon be the dining area when the table arrives. The photo really doesn't do the colour of the wall or the painting justice. I'll have a think about framing. It hadn't even occurred to me to frame it.
  • KK1000
    il y a 6 ans
    You won't regret it. Frame it
  • tezz4
    il y a 6 ans

The square archway on approach and the lights throw in another perspective. Its gorgeous.

• Carolina
    il y a 6 ans

A floater frame would be really nice for that painting. And the blue wall is perfect.

Dining Room Art · Plus d'infos

• PRO
    The Kids Bedroom Co.
    il y a 6 ans

Without looking at the photos Id have said the white wall, but after seeing them - the blue one.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».