Houzz Logo Print
ella_riech

What colour/fabric for soft furnishings

Ella Riech
il y a 6 ans
Hello!
(yes I know this is the German site but my German is terrible haha!)
Can all you lovely people help me to choose a new fabric for my lounge room soft furnishings.
I am thinking a light grey ;)

Commentaires (19)

• Ella Riech
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Thank you so much!
    my primary colour scheme is grey, white, beige, light blue and yellow as a feature colour.
    We just moved into our new place and this will be the design/colour of our kitchen (attached) which is opposing the lounge/dining space and also our dining table.
  • PRO
    Maus Raumdesign und Schreinerei
    il y a 6 ans

I like your choice of colors, they will match nicely to your furniture. I also like the kitchen fronts (is it an artificial make of Alpi?). It seems to be quite a bit lighter than the rest though. Will you be doing some thing with to colors of the walls? I also see you have glass to protect your wall. Did you consider a pattern /image/color or lights (LEDs) behind it to connect the kitchen to the dining area?

• Ella Riech
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Sorry I must have confused you, that is what we will have installed. Currently we have no kitchen and seeking a carpenter to make it :)
  • Ella Riech
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Some fabrics I already have.
  • midmodfan
    il y a 6 ans

Not to shoo you away, Ella, but I bet you'll get a lot more answers when you post your question/s on https://www.houzz.co.uk/ or houzz.com. Many people are not overly comfortable to comment in a foreign language.

With that said, I love your sideboard, and since it looks like Danish modern, I could also imagine a blue-ish fabric. Of course that depends on things you already have, like rugs, art and whatnot. I'm all for gray (have a dark gray sofa myself) but the color is rather ubiquitous these days, isn't it? So what about something like this?

Or with less green:

And some pattern for the armchair:

• PRO
    il y a 6 ans

Hi Ella, nice colors, do you plan to do the couch the same as the chair? And is that a nice bright yellow I see in the right side of the picture? (If you don't have small children..) I like the dark grey as an alternative.

• Ella Riech
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    I have two furry babies! both with delightful white fur that sheds everywhere haha!
  • Ella Riech
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    I hoped the have the chaise a light grey and the arm chair the dark grey.
    We plan to put a rather modern portrait painting on the wall above the sideboard :)
  • PRO
    il y a 6 ans

I like your ideas, make sure to post a before and after pic! (with dogs pls!)

• Ella Riech
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Will do! Thanks so much :)
  • ankestueber
    il y a 6 ans

I bet the furry babies are cats.

• Ella Riech
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    One cat and one dog! do you're both right :)
  • PRO
    User
    il y a 6 ans

Hi Ella!

I think pattern is what your room needs! :-) A graphic pattern e.g. would tie in nicely with your midcentury furniture.

Also, if you cannot decide on a colour you could always go for a monocromatic black and white scheme for the bigger pieces. Pops of colour can be added through accessories - cushions, vases you... get the point.. That way you are flexible and can easily change the colours according to your current taste.

Good luck!

Anja

• PRO
    Studio Wunderkammer
    il y a 6 ans

Hi Ella,

first of all, let me say that you have some really nice vintage pieces in your home!

If you are planning to keep the light grey rug I would go with a darker shade of grey for the daybed and a lighter shade or a completely different color for the fabric of the sidechair (e.g. like the dark blue in your third photo) in order to create more contrast and give the room a more dynamic feel. You also mentioned a portrait to be hung above the sideboard - maybe the colors of this picture can aslo inspire the fabrics, it's always nice if the same color pops up in different details of a room. I hope this helps in your decision making process and I would love to see the results.

Many greetings

Anita Goda from Studio Wunderkammer

• Ella Riech
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    We want to keep with the blue, grey theme as we have a blue retro fridge. Our home is open plan :)
  • PRO
    Studio Wunderkammer
    il y a 6 ans

Well, then I would suggest the sidechair as another possible blue accent, with either a somewhat lighter or darker shade than your fridge, and grey for the daybed :-)

• Ella Riech
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    I thank you all for your ideas, our original plan was a plywood and concrete kitchen however we are not questioning how it will work with the teak furniture. We were thinking black and concrete like the attached would work better or a cedar timber.
  • Ella Riech
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    or this. Remember we have a bright blue fridge :)
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».