Houzz Logo Print
relle_belle

Concrete salts?

Rellish
il y a 6 ans
My house is 1 yr old and I have just noticed this white salt like substance leaching out of the mortar on the bricks under my sliding door. I have also noticed a white powder build up inside along the floor joining the same door. Flooring is vinyl plank, and immediately outside under the bricks I have a Patterned Concrete courtyard that was added about 4 months ago. Question is should I be concerned about this or is it normal process as the concrete slab settles in and dries out?

Commentaires (4)

• oklouise
    il y a 6 ans

i have a vague memory that this can be reduced by an additive in the mortar during construction and is reasonably easy to clean off but i suggest that you first check with your builder to ask if he/she will offer a solution

• Julie Herbert
    il y a 6 ans
    I think it is called effloresence which is quite common in concrete, if you google concrete effloresence it gives causes and solutions to the problem, it can be tricky to eliminate but can be hopefully controlled, good luck.
  • siriuskey
    il y a 6 ans

It's like rising damp which is caused by water, the salts leach out into bricks mortar and walls. You mentioned having just recently had your courtyard done in patterned concrete, I would suggest that this has caused this problem, rising damp, which you need to look into asap before it gets any worse, good luck

• PRO
    Waterstop Solutions QLD Pty Ltd
    il y a 6 ans

What you have is known as rising damp. The common cause has been perfectly stated above, and usually requires injection works to treat it efficiently. If you are in the Brisbane or greater region area we may be able to help you out with this one upon further inspecting it. Feel free to call (3205 1899) or visit our website so we can further assist you in rectifying this issue.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».