Houzz Logo Print
birdman9989

Window reviews?

B P
il y a 6 ans
We are building a house. We have been looking at Pella (architect and impervia), Sierra Pacific H3 and Jeld-Wen. Does anyone have strong opinions on what is the best or ones to avoid? Thank you!

Commentaires (3)

• PRO
    PPF.
    il y a 6 ans

You should research the specific window, not just a manufacturer.

What about all the others -- Marvin, Andersen etc.

Of your 3, Sierra Pacific, Jeld-Wen then Pella.

• PRO
    San Joaquin Glass
    il y a 6 ans

Which ever windows you decide with, make sure that in the event that you have to replace the glass if it ever should break, you can do so easily. Some window manufacturers build their window frames around the glass itself so you can't replace the glass without having to replace the entire sash frame as well. This can get very costly.

There are many different manufacturers, and deciding which often comes down to something as simple as a window lock that tips the deciding factor. All windows should come standard with Low E glass, but you might want to inquire about the Triple coat low E for added glass performance. I would think twice about the grids in-between the panes of glass, but that is more of a personal preference.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance in your decision making process.

• millworkman
    il y a 6 ans

"Does anyone have strong opinions on what is the best or ones to avoid?"

Yes, all 3 you mention would be on my avoid list. Marvin, Andersen in a wood, wood clad (aluminum, fiberglass or vinyl) or Okna, Softlite, in all vinyl. YOu may try GHardenweb and the window forumn there for better advice as well.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».