Houzz Logo Print
jane_croft6616485

Should I add the height extension?

Jane Croft
il y a 6 ans

I am putting in a wall of sleek, modern storage cabinets in my dining room. These are just the frames, there will be three doors per frame, bottom two are plain white, top one is glass. It's the one here http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29059448/ only I plan to put the glass row on top.

I have height extension cabinets that I can add on to these for more storage. For the low point of the ceiling on the right, the height extension would be very close to the ceiling, within inches. The height extension would not block the air intake vent you see.

Should I add it? More storage would be nice, but would it overwhelm the space? Look too tall?

Please note the table is pulled back from its normal position and the rug won't be there.

Thank you for your input!

Commentaires (4)

• PRO
    Onyx Design Collective
    il y a 6 ans

Is this similar to what you're looking at?

My preference based off of these sketches would be to add the extensions.

Hope the sketches help.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    il y a 6 ans

If you don't need the extension, I wouldn't add them. IMO the cabinet top then conflicts with the slope line of the ceiling. Situations like this are a good place to add a rectangular lamp to provide light at the upper portion of the room. Put it on a timer so you're not looking for the switch to turn it on.

• Jane Croft
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Onyx Design those sketches are fantastic!! That helps me visualize it a lot, thank you!
  • Jane Croft
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Thank you for your input Beverly!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».