Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter

Swimming pool is finally done!

il y a 6 ans

My swimming pool is finally done! YAY. It was supposed to be done May 31, but better late than never.

I had to deviate quite a bit from my original inspiration picture for logistical reasons, but I am very happy with what I ended up with.

Here are some of the finished pics. (And one cool in-progress pic, they had to crane the pool in because the screen porch and patios were already existing before the pool install so they had to come around a vary narrow area in the front of the house with all equipment).

Commentaires (32)

• il y a 6 ans

Let me be the first to say - you lucky woman!! Have you and pups taken a swim yet? It's beautiful!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié My3dogs ME zone 5A
  • il y a 6 ans

What a delightful outcome! That in-progress makes me want to hold my breath!! I have no doubt your family will still enjoy it for several more weeks this year and many more in the future.

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié OutsidePlaying
  • PRO
    il y a 6 ans

Very beautiful setting. I so much want my own pool, but there is not enough room in my back yard.

I love the flagstones and boulders around your pool. Are you in California? I mention this because of the hill.

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié Lars/J. Robert Scott
  • il y a 6 ans

Well worth the wait! What a beautiful setting!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié Bonnie
  • il y a 6 ans

Gorgeous . . . BIG congrats!!!! Enjoy!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié LynnNM
  • il y a 6 ans

Gorgeous. I hope you were able to use it over the summer. Is it a salt water pool?

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié dedtired
  • il y a 6 ans

Beautiful!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié maddielee
  • il y a 6 ans

I remember when you posted one of the earlier photos of the crane and pool - and the driveway! What a project, you must be so happy to have it finished and it looks fantastic.

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié maire_cate
  • il y a 6 ans

Absolutely beautiful!!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié wwbungalow
  • il y a 6 ans

Seriously it is fantastic! You have done a fabulous job!!! Enjoy!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié amykath
  • il y a 6 ans

What a beautiful setting to enjoy for many years to come!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié joaniepoanie
  • il y a 6 ans

Stunning and sure to be great fun for many years to come. Well worth the wait.

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
  • il y a 6 ans

Beautiful! Love that flagstone!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié czarinalex
  • il y a 6 ans

Thanks! It has been a fun but long project and I am glad to have it done.

My3dogs - we did our inaugural swim yesterday. The dogs were very happy to jump in for the first time. They were confused a little at first since they’ve never swam here before. Lots of sniffing around the pool. But when the tennis balls went in, the dogs did too!

OutsidePlaying- Yes, I was quite nervous watching the crane process, especially when it was directly over the house!

Lars- No, we’re not in California. We’re in PA. They have some pretty small pool options now (spools, or small pools) which look pretty good— maybe you could fit one?

Dedtired- It uses copper and silver ionization to clean the pool. We have salt water in Florida but our pool guy recommended this here. I have no experience with it, but the pool seems nice and clean so far!

• il y a 6 ans

What will your pool cover look like? Will the color blend in with the beautiful stonework? Considering our pools are probably covered for more months than they're open it's something to think about. We just ordered a new Merlin for our pool since the old one finally succumbed to age and sun. But our pool is rather large - 40,000 gallons and is visible from inside the house so we went with green to try and blend in with the grass.

I like how you situated your pool and the landscaping on the hill. It is stunning and I'm sure the long wait for your first swim was worth it.

You're lucky that beagles have short hair too. When our lab goes for a swim you can watch her black hair float right into the skimmers and when she comes out smells like wet wool.

Congrats -Maire

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié maire_cate
  • il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

We're just getting a basic rectangle cover and using the weighted bags to hold it down- I don't want one of those safety covers because I don't want to drill into the flagstone or rocks- and we don't care what it looks like b/c we're in Florida when the pool is covered (except for a few weeks in November) so no one is really going to be looking at it. The pool isn't that visible from the house since it is off to the side, except from our bathroom, so it's not a big issue even if we are here.

• il y a 6 ans

Gorgeous pool, gorgeous yard! It looks so serene! Your beagles are verrry lucky pups!!!

• il y a 6 ans

Wow, it really came out great! Congrats, and I hope you get a few more weeks use out of it.

• il y a 6 ans

Gosh, that's stunning! Lucky you and lucky beagles :)

• il y a 6 ans

Love how your flower beds blend right in. Such a nice place to sit and look around.

• il y a 6 ans

Thanks! I'm hoping for a warm September so we can use it at least for a full month or two!

• il y a 6 ans

Beautiful job, Beagle.

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié eandhl2
  • il y a 6 ans

lovely!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié Pipdog
  • il y a 6 ans

What a beautiful spot.

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié blfenton
  • il y a 6 ans

Gorgeous...enjoy it in good health.

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié cliff_and_joann
  • il y a 6 ans

Nicely done Beagles! I wish for you many sunshiny days!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié gardener123
  • il y a 6 ans

I'm happy for you, enjoy your beautiful setting and pool.

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié Yayagal
  • il y a 6 ans

So lovely.

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié sas95
  • il y a 6 ans

Gorgeous pool!

beaglesdoitbetter a remercié jill302
  • il y a 6 ans

Thanks! It has been cool and kind of rainy since it was finished, but we've been in a few times at least. It seems to stay very warm so we only need to run the heater for a few minutes and it gets up to like 84 degrees. I think maybe because of the dark color capturing the sun, perhaps. Because it is way warmer than our FL pool even before we turn the heater on, and it stays warmer longer!

• PRO
    il y a 6 ans

Congratulations!

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».