Houzz Logo Print
john_gracey

flooring advice for underfloor heating

John Gracey
il y a 6 ans

Really struggling to make a decision on whether to choose engineered wood or tiles on top of underfloor heating, water option. What are the key pros and construction? Thanks

Commentaires (5)

• PRO
    Istoria by Jordan Andrews
    il y a 6 ans

Hi John, we've put together a guide for underfloor heating that you can find here

All our engineered wood is compatible with underfloor heating. You might like to see some of our previous works here

Feel free to give us a call on 020 8341 9222 or email sales@jordanandrews.com if you would like more information.

John Gracey a remercié Istoria by Jordan Andrews
  • PRO
    Woodpecker Flooring
    il y a 6 ans

Hi John, here's our guide to underfloor heating and wood flooring: https://woodpeckerflooring.co.uk/blog/wood-flooring-underfloor-heating/

Let us know if you need any help :)

John Gracey a remercié Woodpecker Flooring
  • PRO
    Clifton Stone
    il y a 6 ans

Hi John,

If you are interested in tiles, natural stone is a great option for underfloor heating as it holds the heat when the heating is turned off. Here is a great article on underfloor heating... http://www.cliftonstone.co.uk/products/limestone-flooring-walling-london.html

You can also see our range of stone here... http://www.cliftonstone.co.uk/products/limestone-flooring-walling-london.html

If you would like any further information or advice, please feel free to get in touch.

John Gracey a remercié Clifton Stone
  • yvonne1958
    il y a 6 ans

Hi John, I've recently had underfloor heating fitted and it works really well. The advice I was given was that wet UF is more expensive to install but cheaper to run and dry UF is cheaper to install but more expensive to run. I had it fitted in a new extension that is now my kitchen diner, so because it was ground floor I chose wet UF and have fitted porcelain tiles over it. Wood looks beautiful but I have 3 dogs so tiles are more practical. Also it's possible that wood as a living entity could warp and shift with the changes in temperature.

John Gracey a remercié yvonne1958
  • Helen C
    il y a 6 ans
    I have porcelain tiles and engineered wood over wet UFH. The main difference I notice is that the tiles conduct the heat better and seem to retain the heat for longer. I think it depends which room you are installing the flooring in. My tiles are in the kitchen/dining/casual living area which I spend a lot of time in. The engineered wooden floor is in the hallway and it doesn't matter if it doesn't heat up quite as well.
    John Gracey a remercié Helen C
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».