Houzz Logo Print
aaron_atkinson77

80s Cream/Brown 2 Storey , need help to modernize .

Hi Houzz,

This is my first post houzz... Recently we put a hockey puck through my old wood garage door , it was due for replacement anyways. We want to replace the Garage door with something more modern looking but now we are looking at changing the colors of the siding, the front door and pillars. We are finding it challenging to work with the brick color so I am hoping you have some great ideas to modernize our look.

Commentaires (19)

• Housewares Atkinson
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

So I started to go with the wood color garage door but can't figure out how to tie in the siding colors . Here is a mock-up.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    il y a 6 ans
    Can you paint the trim and siding. I like what Beth posted. A sage green would work well with wood garage door. Long narrow windows in gar door very important to look.
    Housewares Atkinson a remercié Flo Mangan
  • dover P
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

a med tone grey green would help it would essentially pick up the mortar color in the brick.

• Housewares Atkinson
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Ill try a mock up of both those colors on the siding.

• Housewares Atkinson
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Here is a mock up my Sister in Law put together. Its nice but not fan of garage door color.

• dover P
    il y a 6 ans

I do agree with removing the shutters, color should be darker for sure.

• jbtanyderi
    il y a 6 ans
    Right now, everything looks blah because the siding and the brick are so close in colour. Give the siding some life.
  • Housewares Atkinson
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

How do I do that?

• er612
    il y a 6 ans

I would actually lighten the siding and paint the trim white.

Housewares Atkinson a remercié er612
  • grapefruit1_ar
    il y a 6 ans

I think that your siding and brick work nicely together. I would eliminate the brown by changing it to sage green. Some larger light fixtures would be great, too.

• lhutch13
    il y a 6 ans
    My house is similar to yours. Here's what I did.
  • groveraxle
    il y a 6 ans

Remove the big bush to open up the front. I'd get rid of the peak in the roof.

Housewares Atkinson a remercié groveraxle
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    il y a 6 ans

grover always comes through for me. yes! love that dark charcoal and the wood..although, that brick looks sickly. also needs some bigger lights by garage door. And,,,,if you got the driveway paved or concrete, it would look even better.

• dover P
    il y a 6 ans

After mentioning a grey green I came across this and I think it would work A Houzz Pro

Amy Krane Color Consulting

I am not sure if you have paintable trim around your upper 3 windows but you could add that around them to paint the lighter color of the trim.

Housewares Atkinson a remercié dover P
  • dover P
    il y a 6 ans

With These lights

• PRO
    Milano Doors
    il y a 6 ans

Hello. You have a beautiful house. I think, you should change color of garage doors for the same color as the shutters.

• dover P
    il y a 6 ans

Like? this style door maybe?

• Housewares Atkinson
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans

Dover that is a nice style of door. Its trying to put all the pieces together so they fit well. The green gray is also nice. I will try and get a mock of that.

@groverdale

I like the colors you picked here and removing the peak in the roof is an interesting idea I didn't think about. I wonder what the cost of that would be.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».