Houzz Logo Print
lcita18

Calling all brilliant people

lcita18
il y a 6 ans
We are renovating room by room. Tearing out the carpet in this room and putting maple hardwood floors. What would you do with the walls? Replace all moulding to updated and paint all one color or would you do different color top and bottom? White top, dark bottom. Our home is a simple ranch with Stickley furniture, plenty of wood. New kitchen off this room will be Sapele cabinetry. We could remove painted wood, but I think it could be interesting with an unusual touch, just don't know what that is. Thanks for your consideration.

Commentaires (8)

• Irene Morresey
    il y a 6 ans
    It will be an interesting project but to help you, you will have to show us more pics and more info on room use. Look forward to more pics
  • lcita18
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Thanks for your comments, I am looking for ideas on what to do with these walls. Room will be a den/guest room with a gorgeous vintage cigar chair, chest, harp, antigues, mostly wood, a bit Polo, Ralph Lauren. We are putting in hard wood floors. Thank you!
  • PRO
    Linda Mayo
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

Since there seems to be no direct sunlight coming into the room, I would suggest using color and lights to brighten the space. As a guest room, it seems a little small. A Murphy bed would allow you to use the space better. The painted wall paneling as pictured would be in keeping with the Stickley style. Use a rich jewel tone blue for the accessories to keep with the RL polo look.

• apple_pie_order
    il y a 6 ans

Install new lighting, then bring several room-size rugs home to see what you like. Pick up a color from the rug for the new wall paint. You'll need the rug and other sound absorbing material for better acoustics if you'll be playing musical instruments in the room. A room should have two means of egress if it is to be used as a bedroom.

• lcita18
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Thank you, Linda, very much appreciated.
  • PRO
    Marie-agnès Puha
    il y a 6 ans

you can also married wood and leather on walls :-)

• Irene Morresey
    il y a 6 ans
    I see visions of soft cream or warm off white and light sage on the walls. Tartans, very Ralph Lauren, tan leather seating with throw think sage looks great with wood. Cosy but light
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».