Houzz Logo Print
anne12343

Granite Overhang

anne12343
il y a 6 ans

Hi, my cabinet people are wanting to put an 18" overhang of granite on the island in our kitchen we're building. I think that's too much and looks cheap. I need an opinion on whether 12" or 14" would be better. From what I've read, people on the internet say 12" is sufficient to fit stools underneath. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Commentaires (6)

• PRO
    Window Treats Inc.
    il y a 6 ans

12" - 14" is pretty standard. If you don't like the 18" depth, there is no good reason to do it.

anne12343 a remercié Window Treats Inc.
  • PRO
    Stone Boutique
    il y a 6 ans

12"-14" is standard, it is just a matter of personal taste! Good luck with your build!

anne12343 a remercié Stone Boutique
  • Judy Mishkin
    il y a 6 ans

if you want to eat meals there, as opposed to 'drinks and nibbles' you'll want to go on the deeper side. lay out your plates on the counter, and measure how much space you want. then measure how far your knees go when you are sitting 'comfort distance' at a table.

if this isnt about eating meals at the counter, then choose what looks good to you.

anne12343 a remercié Judy Mishkin
  • simstress
    il y a 6 ans
    We have 13" overhang at counter height. Works great for us. HTH
    anne12343 a remercié simstress
  • simstress
    il y a 6 ans
    Whatever overhang you decide on, be sure to get confirmation whether the overhang requires support, and if so, how is that accomplished.
    anne12343 a remercié simstress
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».