Houzz Logo Print
eric426

Western Windows vs Fleetwood

eric426
il y a 6 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 6 ans

Hi Houzzers!

I had previously posted a thread about some large sliding patio doors, and we've come down to 3 vendors which are all about the same price and same thermal specs, Fleetwood, Western Windows, and All Weather. Does anyone have any comments on the pros and cons of these brands? Fleetwood and Western Windows seem to be the largest by far, with Fleetwood being also much more popular on the west coast. All Weather Arch Alum is pretty small.

Any thoughts or experiences are much appreciated!

Commentaires (8)

• PRO
    Zone 4 Architects, LLC
    il y a 6 ans

Many of the modern window systems will perform well, and no matter how much you pay for a window package there is usually an issue with some parts of it. Our advice would be to check some references for each company so that you can get an idea of who has better customer support and service, because anything can be fixed if there is someone who will stand behind their products and take care of their customers. You can also look at the warranty for the specific systems you are considering to see if anyone is much better or worse than the other candidates.

• eric426
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    We went with Western and are happy with them so far. They’ve been installed for about two weeks in our active job site. I can’t tell any quality difference between them and Fleetwood so far, although I wish they were shipped with more protection as they did get scratched at some point prior to installation (probably careless handling by the workers). The scratches look pretty easy to paint over and are in pretty hidden places so not too much of an issue.
  • alexandra
    il y a 6 ans

From what I heard Western is Milgard, no?!

• PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    il y a 6 ans

Sometimes they are found in the same homes, from the same dealers, but otherwise it looks like their ownership is different (Western v Milgard)..... both having very strong production (tract) builder programs. I've used Fleetwood and have a home ready to order the same. Will also consider Western for projects. Prices will vary widely depending on size, glass, thermal breaks, etc. Go to a factory showroom if you can. Local dealer/installer network is critical for me.

• millworkman
    il y a 6 ans

"From what I heard Western is Milgard, no?!"

Not to my knowledge but I am not that update on the residential product market any longer.

• Product Team
    il y a 4 ans

Western makes a few of Milgards over sized sliders.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».