Houzz Logo Print
butterflynook

Wool or synthetic carpet?

E L
il y a 6 ans
Pros and cons, but ultimately which would you choose?
Synthetic
Wool

Commentaires (11)

• Jodie
    il y a 6 ans
    probably a wool blend. depends on your lifestyle ? Are there children/pets involved. In any event red cordial is never gonna come out !
  • E L
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Ive never had a wool carpet but I've heard that wool carpets will go fuzzy and moult. Is that true??
  • myownstyle13
    il y a 6 ans

Simply none... ;-)

• Illuminide Interiors
    il y a 6 ans

Natural materials all the way. Wool greener choice and longevity. Plus feels so much better underfoot.

• macyjean
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

"Ive never had a wool carpet but I've heard that wool carpets will go fuzzy and moult. Is that true??"

I believe that depends more on the type of pile and on the quality than on the material it's made of. If wool carpet has such a reputation my guess is that's because of cheap wool berber style (loop pile) carpets which were very popular for a while.

• sally wastie
    il y a 6 ans

wool wool and wool can pill for a while but much warmer and lasts so much longer .

• Rachel Alexander
    il y a 6 ans

I would always opt for wool carpet and here's why

• Jennifer Bradley
    il y a 6 ans

Wool - not a blend. Warmer, lasts better, doesn't get static and better if a fire,

• annb1997
    il y a 6 ans

So true re wool being naturally fire resistant. We replaced with wool carpet the synthetic builder's range carpet in an earlier home after embers from the fireplace shot out onto it and burned it. In our current home we have a large wool area rug in living room, which has a wood burning fireplace, and embers have shot out of it and landed on the rug...and nothing happened.

• PRO
    Hemp Gallery Australia Pty Ltd
    il y a 6 ans

The amount of people that contact us due to their sensitive skin, allergies or reactions to synthetic fibres is astounding. Please choose wool and natural fibres over synthetic. It's not worth it.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».