Houzz Logo Print
jeffrozz

Doug fir ceilings- how to finish?

Jeff Rozz
il y a 6 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 6 ans

Hi All,

We have a house built in the early 60s with doug fir ceilings and beams in a post a beam type construction. We are on the tail end of a remodel and had paint in some parts of the ceiling so we sandblasted all of the beams and the ceiling to make it uniform. It looks great! We are wondering if we should put a coat on it but want to keep it as natural looking as possible. Should we put a coat on and if so what kind? The floor is red oak so we want to keep the ceiling light an and natural looking. I think doug fir ceilings aren't that rare but I've been having a hard time finding info. online about what most people do. Thanks!

Commentaires (4)

• PRO
    SULAIMAN DESIGN STUDIO
    il y a 6 ans

Hi Jeff!

Could you share the photo?

Jeff Rozz a remercié SULAIMAN DESIGN STUDIO
  • klem1
    il y a 6 ans

Yes,you should apply a protective finish to any wood not covered in paint. The finish would preferiably have UV protectant in it so that sun coming into room doesn't effect color. Ask for it at Sherwin Williams,Benjamin Moore or other paint store (not Home Depot or Lowes).

• PRO
    Alexandra Tomlinson
    il y a 6 ans

If you're looking to add paint, consider painting in between the beams and leaving those natural. But I believe it looks great as is.

• User
    il y a 6 ans

To keep that look, use a water based floor finish. You can apply with a roller and a brush(for cut in sections). Two coats would be sufficient(unless you expect a lot of traffic) ;-)

Jeff Rozz a remercié User
Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».