Houzz Logo Print
my_home_sweet_home

Kitchen Backsplash Tiles - Where to end?

my_home_sweet_home
il y a 6 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 6 ans

We are installing tiles backsplash to the kitchen and need to take a decision before tomorrow w.r.t where/how the tiles end.

As shown in the picture. The countertop extends to outside the cabinets and therefore we are not sure what to do.

Options are:

1. End the tiles by the cabinet

1. Extend the tiles to the countertop and end normally (I feel that will look weird)
  1. Extend the tiles to the countertop but end them in a step fashion (a crazy idea but I'm not sure if it will look good)

Commentaires (13)

• Candice McCabe
    il y a 6 ans
    I would stop at the cabinet.
  • Grace Reed
    il y a 6 ans
    Jetbrain, the kitchen looks great. Staggering sounds interesting but I think it will be a distraction. I would take cardboard and mock up the backsplash continuing to the end of the countertop. Add a picture or decor above and see what you think. That would be my suggestion!
    my_home_sweet_home a remercié Grace Reed
  • Grace Reed
    il y a 6 ans
    Another option would be to continue the finish and line of your cabinets by running a matching shelf or just molding above the tile.
  • Kim W
    il y a 6 ans
    Beautiful kitchen. I would end at cabinet. Diagonal may be a bit odd.
  • Grace Reed
    il y a 6 ans
    Can you show a pic of the rest of the room in that area?
  • imsuzz
    il y a 6 ans
    Stop at the cabinet. Your wall angles after this point. I would not tile in that area
    my_home_sweet_home a remercié imsuzz
  • PRO
    Susan M. Buss Interiors
    il y a 6 ans

Stop at the cabinet.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    il y a 6 ans

Agree-end with the upper cabinet.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    il y a 6 ans

no tile on the angled part near window. no shelf. just leave it plain.

• Steven
    il y a 6 ans
    End all tile with the upper cabinets. Don’t think that change to the left of range went completely unnoticed ;)
  • my_home_sweet_home
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

Thanks everyone for your comments and ideas! It helps a lot!
    We've decided to stop by the cabinet and maybe put something there to hide the empty wall (maybe a fruit basket or so).

It is good to know that this concept is called staggering. I learnt sth new now! :)

• jodiblu
    il y a 6 ans

Hi Jetbrain - Glad you're stopping at the cabinets, I think that is the right decision. I wanted to ask what backsplash tile you are using? It's very pretty and similar to what I'm looking for so I was curious about yours (I'm looking for "Random Strip" in white ceramic or porcelain and can't seem to find it...). Enjoy your kitchen!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».