Houzz Logo Print
claytonjohnston

... I do wonder who washes dishes here ... and how?

claytonjohnston
il y a 5 ans
There appears to be virtually no countertop space directly left and right of the sink … no dishwasher 'behind' … neither flanking the range nor around the corners of the island. Perhaps I'm just missing seeing it.
Detailed Decadence Kitchen | Astro Design | Ottawa, Canada · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (2)

• PRO
    Astro Design Centre
    il y a 5 ans

The dishwasher is on the side of the island by the sink, it is paneled.

• claytonjohnston
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Thanks -- really that question was a mostly rhetorical. The floor plan shows the cabinet space for the dishwasher, and I understand that the wood panel is intended to make it disappear/blend.

I was more 'pointing' to the fact that it is atypically placed … around the corner, which might work well for the Owners in this case, but would be a stretch (literally) for most Dishwasher-people, I think. Perhaps that interesting-sink would allow for the Dishwasher-loading-person to stand at its end … actually around the cabinet corner and beside the dishwasher ? … avoiding too much dripping between sink and dishwasher as it's being load. Where there's a will, there's a way … sometimes. Where there's good design … accommodation is there too. I'd like to know (from Owners) that this works well (enough) -- the placement of these items certainly contributes to the neat and cool looks of the kitchen!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».