Houzz Logo Print
bwoodevans

Can you put three tables in a row on a large wall??

bwoodevans
il y a 5 ans

With that said, I need advice on what to do with the main wall in the living room that our TV is currently and will remain. The idea I have is to replace the entertainment center with a funky buffet and on either side of that tv stand/buffet I will have two side tables (different shape and size) to hold lamps. However, I can't find anywhere that has pictures of a wall with basically three tables across it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! My living room layout is kind of awkward as we don't have floor plugs and no where to plug in lamps because one wall opens to the kitchen and the other opens to foyer so we only have 2 walls. I would like to have more light, hence the 4 lamps I am going for against that wall. One wall has the fire place (my husband refused to put tv above it) and our back yard door and one window. The other wall is the main wall I am seeking advice for that the TV will go on. I will replace the couches with leather couches and the oversized chairs with something more fitting for the space in front of the fire place. The wall color will be Sherwin Williams agreeable grey, which is a light grey.

Commentaires (23)

• IdaClaire
    il y a 5 ans

I wouldn't. It'll look like a little choo-choo train with the cars all lined up, and that's not what you want, is it? ;-) I would instead go with a long console -- long enough to extend on either side so there's a space for a lamp on each end. I'd definitely not try to fill that entire wall with furniture, though. One piece, with space to breathe.

• Sammie J
    il y a 5 ans

I agree - a long low console. Check out Ikea's Besta system. I was surprised at the quality and options, and ability to customize the look. (Note - Not typically an Ikea lover, but we bought this system and I've been impressed...)

• K Laurence
    il y a 5 ans

You can, but I wouldn’t. I would keep it simple, but I like everything understated.

• suezbell
    il y a 5 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 5 ans

I wouldn't. Actually like your current tv cabinet. Would do a visual declutter around it, including removing all pictures -- some to be used diffrently.

Not usually a fan of painting wood furniture, but if your other option is to get rid of your tv cabinet and buy a replacement ...

You could paint the upper (hutch) part of your tv cabinet the same color as your walls -- not painting the top of the bottom part of the cabinet. Or paint the entire cabinet a light color.

and/or

Exchange the table to the left for an narrow end table with a tall thin (bright 3-way LED) lamp with medium/large white shade.. Add a tall potted plant atop a plant stand centered between tv cabinet and the corner. (snake plant).

IN matching frames:

Centered on wall left of tv cabinet, hang one of the larger framed art/pic with the bottom of the pic frame level with the top of the tv cabinet and an ther thusly hung centered on the wall right of the tv cabinet. Between the two and only over the tv cabinet -- not wider-- hang a rectangle mirror on the wall w/top frame edge level with two frames on each side.

Add a table to the right corner to right corner w /matching tall thin lamp with white shade. (A third matching lamp could be set on another matching end table in the room.)

Using matching frames and/or large frames that hold multiple pictures, create a family picture wall on the interior wall opposite the window left of the tv cabinet.

If you're leaving the tv cabinet exterior dark, you could remove every thing from the open shelves and just lighten the interior back wall that is visible behind the shelves with either mirrors or paint or the removable kind of contact wall paper.

• PRO
    Practice
    il y a 5 ans

I think it'd be a little too cluttered and busy, unless it's the only way to save space maybe look into moving it somewhere else or consolidating into a longer bar

• Spenser Ishii
    il y a 5 ans

I agree it may be too cluttered. Try a plant on the other side of the tv?

• holeinwall
    il y a 5 ans

You can put a nice floor lamp to the left of the tv stand/buffet and maybe a book shelf to the right. If the tv stand is long enough you can put small lamps on each end.

• erinsean
    il y a 5 ans

IMO, you could do it...IF your TV console does not have legs AND if your two tables on either side ARE IDENTICAL and are a little higher or lower than your TV console. I would like to see you have a long console under your TV, a tall plant on the left and nothing on the right. Would look more tidy and open.

• groveraxle
    il y a 5 ans

The best look would be a single console at least as long as your current entertainment center. You could put a floor lamp on each end.

I agree with the advice to remove the visual clutter.

• bwoodevans
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Sanctuary Surf Visage Four-Door Mirrored Console · Plus d'infos

Perrine Server · Plus d'infos

I was thinking about doing something like these two above for the center console piece

2-Drawer Hall Chest, Blue and Gold · Plus d'infos

Navy Blue Two Door Accent Chest · Plus d'infos

And something like these side tables on either side.

• bwoodevans
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

If I just did one long console (like first picture above from Houzz) would I bother hanging any artwork on the wall?

• decoenthusiaste
    il y a 5 ans

No, 3 tables will look like furniture storage rather than styling.

• housegal200
    il y a 5 ans

Before you go out and get a long console--probably the best solution--remove all stuff on top of the entertainment center and relocate the photo table. Maybe just a simplified system is the best way to go. The fact that it's black gives the piece way too much weight, so maybe repainting it in an off white or white would work. You could also then get bookshelves made to flank the sides of the center from wall to wall as if it were built in. These are more elaborate than I mean, but along these lines:

Traditional Family Room · Plus d'infos

Bucktown Residence · Plus d'infos

Other possibility is keeping the entertainment center black or painted and flank it with two long vertical pieces of art:

Hudson River View Oil Painting 2-Piece Set · Plus d'infos

• bwoodevans
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Thank you all so much for your advice!!

Here are more pictures so you have a better idea of the layout of my living room.

• groveraxle
    il y a 5 ans

Now I count five vases of dried grasses. Send them all to the rummage sale. Do you need all that seating? The two big chairs occluding the fireplace is a definite no-no. If the brown chair could move to the left and the white chair go away, the room would look better.

There also is so much stuff--just pure stuff--in the room, I don't know where to look. I would suggest you edit by removing every generic item you have in the room. Keep the photos and any memorabilia, but anything that came from Hobby Lobby (or its ilk) can go to the rummage sale, too.

• decoenthusiaste
    il y a 5 ans

• groveraxle
    il y a 5 ans

I moved the white chair, but the brown chair was too heavy to move.

• groveraxle
    il y a 5 ans

OK, I moved the brown chair...out of the room.

• suezbell
    il y a 5 ans

Going with groveraxle's basic plan (most recent pic), you might consider moving the floor lamp and white chair to swap location with the plant to move it closer to the light of the window.

• suezbell
    il y a 5 ans

Just a thought: Have you checked into just removing the top hutch off the cabinet you have ... even if that means refinishing or adding a new top to the base cabinet you have?

• Molly
    il y a 5 ans

Imagine this fireplace wall was a tv console and look at how the lamps look on the end on a slightly lower level.

Transitional Living Room · Plus d'infos

• arcy_gw
    il y a 5 ans

Is your current entertainment center three pieces? Your plan drawing looks like you just pulled your current set up apart. I think that would look better than the odd sofa table that is to the left. It needs to be removed for sure. I think separating the three pieces you have could work. Floor lamps will work better for you than random tables. Your drapes are fine as they are. Do you NEED that much seating? Perhaps losing two of the chairs would lighten the load of the room? Give you some options for that sofa table to sit behind one of the love seats?

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».