Houzz Logo Print
lomesh_balyan

how much the structures matter in the field of architecture ?

Lomesh Balyan
il y a 10 ans
as i'm pursuing architecture ,and now i'm appearing in 3rd year so i would like to know how much does it matter "the structure" in the field of designing ........you know we used to ogle with the designing ......so how do we know how much stable our design is....at this stage.......of just only 3rd year.........?????
Contemporary Living Room · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (5)

• PRO
    Jeff Green Photography
    il y a 10 ans
    I'm not sure on that one. I don't teach architecture, I only photograph it.
  • PRO
    Architect
    il y a 10 ans
    Its HUGE! although geometry is a friend of both design and structures, try to get into the mechanical work of geometrical shapes and you´ll get an idea of how you can give structural logic to your projects.
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    il y a 10 ans
    Form and function, function and form....one without the other is a lost cause....Many architects allow the function of the structure to speak through the design, that one informed the other....some do not. Forcing the design over the practical notion of human scale, comfort and accessibility can lead to glorious results...or carbuncles. Learn how buildings are built, then push the ]boundaries of structure with integrated design...speaking as the guy that has to build these things...
  • PRO
    ReSquare Architecture + Construction
    il y a 10 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 10 ans
    It is all opinion, but in mine, Architecture is the artistry of building. Whether it is on the macro scale of how the building occupies space or the micro details of sill flashing, if the structure is not integral to the design and v.v, it is not really Architecture; it is merely built art or pretty building. Learn both skills. Become fluent in the language of art, structure and construction and your ability to speak in all those languages at once will make you a true Architect.
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    il y a 10 ans
    Well said, ReSquare.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».