Houzz Logo Print
ntnbearstore

My laundry room is disfunctional. It is narrow and has 3 doorways

ntnbearstore
il y a 10 ans
The laundry room has 2 closets. One is pantry style and the other is suppose to be for hanging coats, however, whenever you hang coats the doors won't stay closed. the closet isn't deep enough.

Commentaires (4)

• Allison Burnfield McAteer
    il y a 10 ans
    could you move your washer and dryer down or take down the overhead cabinets and stack them and then have a place to hang coats right by the back entrance?
    ntnbearstore a remercié Allison Burnfield McAteer
  • stryker9
    il y a 10 ans
    You could switch yup your current rod and hanger arrangement with something like this http://www.amazon.com/Clothes-Vine-Vertical-Hangers/dp/B007QZPMJG and have more room to hang coats.
    ntnbearstore a remercié stryker9
  • PRO
    Barden's Decorating, Inc.
    il y a 10 ans
    The great thing about this room is that you have tons of storage space! You can always add more hooks the wall across from the washer and dryer, make the existing coat closet another pantry area with the addition of some shelving or bins, remove the outdated border and paint the wood trim white. By doing this you will open the space so that it doesn't seem so closed in. Another great idea is to paint the interior of the door with magnetic chalkboard paint and use it as a message center for your family.
    ntnbearstore a remercié Barden's Decorating, Inc.
  • ntnbearstore
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Thanks for the ideas. I am definitely going to be stripping off the old wallpaper border and painting the walls. The foyer leads into my kitchen so I thought I would tear out the closets and add bead board with hooks and a bench where the existing closets are. The bench will have storage under for shoes and additional storage will be added to above the hooks for hats, gloves and helmets. I won't be able to do this till fall, but I will make sure I post a picture when it is complete. We have been debating about getting a new washer so that we can either stack the washer and dryer and add a sink or place them side by side and add a counter top on the washer and dryer to utilize for folding.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».