Houzz Logo Print
jmc2284u

Deciding how to mix wood tones/color in bedroom

jmc2284u
il y a 5 ans

I recently purchased a dark espresso dresser (photo included looks more red than it is; put a photo from in store) and am now in search of a chest of drawers that will flow with the dark espresso dresser. I can’t decide if black would be a good choice or do I choose ivory/white? A lighter wood?

I do do have a black headboard; however, it is changeable and when the bed is made it’s not too noticeable.

Any sugeatiomd are apprecisted and welcome. Thank you.

Commentaires (2)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 5 ans

Could you post a pic of the bedroom and also do you really need a chest of drawers and a dresser. I am all for not matching everything but IMO those 2 pieces should match or it will begin to look like secondhand store (not bad I guess) but not good in my mind.

• PRO
    Wooden It Be Nice - Custom Woodworking
    il y a 5 ans

If they are not on the same wall, and expresso may work. If they will be close to each other, I don't recommend trying to find a match as it will be noticeable that they aren't from the same maker. Lighter wood is not something I would recommend either as it won't work with your existing furniture. Painted finishes are forgiving in coordinating with existing wooden pieces.

I hope that helps. Scott

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».