Houzz Logo Print
1t2t3t4t5t6t

Painting maple cabinets

lisa
il y a 5 ans

Very nice maple cabinets, but I want to paint them white. How easy would this be to do? Could I just paint the doors and keep the maple boxes as is? Actually asking for my sister, I have new white maple cabinets I just put in and the insides are natural not white!

Commentaires (10)

• lisa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

• Sandra Martin
    il y a 5 ans

I had mine painted and they look like new cabinets. The doors were removed and taken to a shop where they were lacquered either dipped or sprayed not sure. And the boxes and trim primed a couple coats and hand painted at least two maybe three coats. Mine are maple too.

lisa a remercié Sandra Martin
  • lisa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

thank you. Was it expensive? I think her cabinets look great, but it's not my house!

• paintguy22
    il y a 5 ans

It can be expensive since there are a lot of companies out there right now gouging people. Of course this depends on how many cabinets there are. They should be sprayed though. Also, I don't think I have ever seen the boxes left alone and only the doors painted.

lisa a remercié paintguy22
  • Sandra Martin
    il y a 5 ans

I’m in a big city in Canada and I can tell you the cost to have things done here is way out of wack than it is in the US. Mine were around 3000.

lisa a remercié Sandra Martin
  • lisa
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Yikes

• PRO
    Home Art Tile Kitchen & Bath
    il y a 5 ans

These seem like great cabinets and yes, you can paint them white. Have you decided which white to use? Are you going for a stark white option or more gentle, off white? Are you doing any other updates in the kitchen? Seeing your backsplash as is, I believe off white would look better. I strongly advise you to hire a professional to paint your cabinets and make sure to use high quality paint to be able to enjoy the cabinets for a long time. Paint can chip and crack easily if not applied well. A recommended professional can give you assurances and guarantees.

lisa a remercié Home Art Tile Kitchen & Bath
  • PRO
    Hillary Hanson Interiors
    il y a 5 ans
    You can definitely paint just the doors and the outside area of the cabinets! Are you thinking of maybe doing a DIY or hiring someone? If you do it yourself it could easily be done in one weekend. With the right tools and advice from someone with experience, the cabinets could come out just as good as if a professional did it. If you need help with knowing how to refinish the cabinets feel free to reach out to me. Good luck!
    lisa a remercié Hillary Hanson Interiors
  • PRO
    CWC Painting & Services
    il y a 5 ans

agree with GreenDesigns how the job should be done!

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».