Houzz Logo Print
nafnaf12

2 pane interior doors

Naf_Naf
il y a 5 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 5 ans

I would like to hear anything you have to say about these two panel doors and hardware color.

Disregard trims.

Thank you

Commentaires (38)

• Naf_Naf
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

I meant, 2 panel doors :)

• rnonwheels
    il y a 5 ans

I like the top shaker/craftsman style painted the wall color.

Naf_Naf a remercié rnonwheels
  • just_janni
    il y a 5 ans

I like the simplicity. I think they look solid, sturdy and uncomplicated.

Naf_Naf a remercié just_janni
  • K R
    il y a 5 ans
    Love!
    Naf_Naf a remercié K R
  • Naf_Naf
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 5 ans

Karen, which one?

• doc5md
    il y a 5 ans

I prefer the upper one.

Naf_Naf a remercié doc5md
  • PRO
    Fairway Style Living
    il y a 5 ans

Hi, Naf--

Two-panel doors are my regular pick. I normally install the bottom one you've selected (and with similar hardware, too - Schlage Accent levers in Satin Nickel). They look and perform great. Never had a complaint about them. Cheers!

Naf_Naf a remercié Fairway Style Living
  • R. C.
    il y a 5 ans

I like the simplicity of the top one.

Naf_Naf a remercié R. C.
  • eandhl2
    il y a 5 ans

The first one!

Naf_Naf a remercié eandhl2
  • Kristin S
    il y a 5 ans

I also prefer the first one. That said, we were planning to do that style door in our new build, and then realized that we would have 8' doors, rather than the shorter option we'd always seen pictured. We saw 8' two panel doors somewhere and though the proportions just looked off, so we're switching to a three panel. The moral being make sure your sample door (in person or in photos) is the same height that you'll actually be using.

Naf_Naf a remercié Kristin S
  • Fori
    il y a 5 ans

Top one is nicer; bottom one looks like a cheap MDF slab with shapes routed out of it. Hardware color depends on everything else in the room.

Naf_Naf a remercié Fori
  • ci_lantro
    il y a 5 ans

The first one. It's a recessed panel door. The second one appears to be a hollow core door with applied molding; possibly a DIY project.

Naf_Naf a remercié ci_lantro
  • Nancy R z5 Chicagoland
    il y a 5 ans
    The first one goes better with the flat panel choices that you have already made for cabinets and wainscotting.
    Naf_Naf a remercié Nancy R z5 Chicagoland
  • PRO
    Lampsusa
    il y a 5 ans

The first is perfect for most homes.

Naf_Naf a remercié Lampsusa
  • PRO
    Anglophilia
    il y a 5 ans

The first one is best, but my favorite door is a traditional solid wood 6-panel door. They've been around forever and will never look dated or "trendy".

Naf_Naf a remercié Anglophilia
  • Naf_Naf
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

"The first one goes better with the flat panel choices that you have already made for cabinets and wainscotting."

???

I have no wainscotting

• Naf_Naf
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Thank you so much, guys, if you can, please comment on the hardware color

• Mrs Pete
    il y a 5 ans

Completely ambivalent on the style.

Hardware color depends upon what else you have in the room.

Naf_Naf a remercié Mrs Pete
  • PRO
    Mint Design Studio
    il y a 5 ans
    I like the simplicity of the top shaker style door. Satin nickel hardware looks great too.
    Naf_Naf a remercié Mint Design Studio
  • cpartist
    il y a 5 ans

Well I absolutely love the top door style. (Hmm, I wonder why.)

Naf_Naf a remercié cpartist
  • User
    il y a 5 ans

Are either of these your house? It seems rather a random question with no context...

Naf_Naf a remercié User
  • K R
    il y a 5 ans
    Oops sorry meant to say the top, looks exactly like my front door, which my designer picked out, said it’s more modern style.
    Naf_Naf a remercié K R
  • Naf_Naf
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Mrs Pete,

I believe the brushed nickel is "classier" and timeless but I will be using oil brushed bronze to go with light fixtures (I prefer them dark). I will use brushed nickel plumbing fixtures to match all cabinetry knobs and appliances.

• Naf_Naf
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Pennydesign, these are not my pictures/doors.

Cpartist? Do you notice any "sound" difference compared to a "standard" interior door? The top door panels are thinner than the bottom door ones (provided they are solid). I do not think this is an issue but wanted to check

This is also not a poll but I am happy that most of you like the top door as that is the one I want to use

Thank you

• cpartist
    il y a 5 ans

No sound difference. Just make sure you're using solid core.

• Naf_Naf
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Thank you Cpartist. I love your door levers

• ILoveRed
    il y a 5 ans

we had the two panel doors like this in our last house and I really like them. The only reason I chose the six panel this time was to have something a little different. You can’t go wrong with the two panel. A classic choice.

i prefer the dark hardware. I think it’s a personal preference. We had Oil Rubbed Bronze in the last house with a living finish. I hated the brassiness from the change. This time I got flat black Emtek in a stable (non-living) finish. So good, so far. Also a round rosette vs the square rosette that we had in the last house which was always wonky when the screws loosened.

Naf_Naf a remercié ILoveRed
  • Fori
    il y a 5 ans

I've had doors like the first one too. They are a classic style (or at least pop up in homes from the 1910s if not earlier). I've had some that had extremely thin panels...as exterior doors. :)

Naf_Naf a remercié Fori
  • User
    il y a 5 ans

So if those are not your house, then you'll need to provide some additional information so that the doors will be in harmony with the rest of your place.

Randomly picking a door based on "like" won't work...

• Naf_Naf
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

Pennydesign, you are assuming too many things. Thank you

• cpartist
    il y a 5 ans

Pennydesign, Naf_naf is an architect. I'm sure she has coordinated everything. In fact I know she has since we chat occasionally. :)

• PRO
    Twin City Hardware
    il y a 5 ans

The two panel design can come in a few different forms. Traditionally speaking, the raised panel design like in your second picture is going to go in a more traditional style home. The first picture would lend to a more modern being a flat panel design. I personally like the block sticking with this particular panel. As for hardware, you have so many choices and finishes available to you based on your project and the other finishes you have going in those area you may be using these doors in. Schlage, Emtek, Ashley Norton, Inox, Valli Valli, Turnstyle Designs, Urban Decorative, Omnia, Rocky Mountain Hardware, Hamilton Sinkler, Baldwin, Edgar Berebi, Nostalgic Warehouse, Grandeur, Linnea, Bravura, are all companies we deal with when it comes to hardware. Budget, finish, style and design options are all important when considering these lines and which ones might be the right choice for your project. Good luck with your project.

Naf_Naf a remercié Twin City Hardware
  • Janie
    il y a 5 ans

Top door with black (or dark) hardware.

Naf_Naf a remercié Janie
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    il y a 5 ans

Shaker style and NOT the bevel panels with the shadow bevel.

• User
    il y a 5 ans

As you know, a 2 panel door can have flat panels like the first one or raised panels like the second one. The first one can have a half dozen different profiles of "sticking" (or no sticking) around the perimeter of the flat panels. The second one can be solid or made of a pressed composite skin with different kinds of filling from minimal to solid or fire proof materials. The composite can also have a simulated wood grain texture which is awful.

They can both look good if they are well made but the second one looks a bit odd in a wall with flat panel wainscoting although I suspect its a manufacturer's mock up. Composite raised panel doors usually have less sharp molding edges and look artificial.

I don't like the stiles being wider than the top rail in both photos so I would avoid that manufacturer. I wouldn't make those pieces wider than 5".

Flat panels don't offer much sound separation so I have sometimes used 1 3/4" thick doors from TruStile.

Naf_Naf a remercié User
  • ILoveRed
    il y a 5 ans

Pennydesign...lots of us folks here know each other from Gardenweb. Naf-Naf is a regular and a fixture. That’s one of the problems with this new forum. No familiarity with folks that have been around forever.

She is a pro and you don’t need to worry about her house being in harmony. It will be spectacular. Nothing wrong with simply asking for opinions on a door style.

Naf_Naf a remercié ILoveRed
  • User
    il y a 5 ans

Well...I have no idea how I was supposed to know that.

But thank you Naf for being so charmingly kind...

"naf" indeed....

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».