Houzz Logo Print
kvmcnew

How to decorate this front porch?

Kaitlin
il y a 5 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 5 ans

I really want to refresh this space but don't know where to start. It's our front porch/ entrance. The bistro table and chairs used to sit there, but it just broke, so now I have nothing. The chairs in the photo are just for now. We use the area a lot for morning coffee, or when people are over. I have no idea how to make this space work and look nice. I keep thinking a long bench or church pew with a rug would work, but then second guess myself. We really like having the small table there. The ceiling is on our do-to list, but I don't think it will happen this year. The deck and railings will be repainted this fall.

Commentaires (7)

• apple_pie_order
    il y a 5 ans

Two to four outdoor rocking chairs with cushions. Add one or two small tables for lemonade. An indoor/outdoor rug or two may be useful.

• PRO
    Neelam Interiors
    il y a 5 ans

How charming! I think you have the space to create two areas, each one defined by an area rug. One could have comfortable, cozy seating - I love the idea of two rocking chairs or a church pew layer with pillows and a small side table. The second area could include a table and chairs, like your existing bistro table. It's hard to see it in the picture, but I think some seat cushions would help to make it more comfortable. Hope that helps!

• PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    il y a 5 ans

Chairs are much more comfortable than pews. It is a great space. Choose a bigger patterned colorful outdoor rug and keep everything else very natural, and calm, possibly a large metal medallion on the wall.

• User
    il y a 5 ans

I would do a "Cracker Barrel" and just line up rocking chairs! Easy, simple and movable. I sometimes think people "overthink" spaces and put too much in them.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    il y a 5 ans

Love your front porch, Martha Scott (and your whole house, as well!).

• darralisa
    il y a 5 ans
    Your view is blocked by the railing. You may want higher seating.
Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».