Houzz Logo Print
shane_garman

Flooring Options for Office Adjoining Hardwood

Shane Garman
il y a 4 ans

My townhome mainfloor has an open floor plan with dark hardwood throughout except for an office that has french doors and was originally finshed with tan carpet. I would like to replace the carpet, but my wife does not like the hardwood color/style enough to spend the money to put the same hardwood (if we could still find it) in the office. I'm concerned though about adjoining two different hardwood styles/colors together. We have looked at a much lighter wood, wood-look tile, wood in a herringbone pattern... Just want to get some thoughts on putting anything other than the same hardwood that is in the rest of the main floor in this office. I know the general rules seems to be "one hardwood on the same level." Thanks for your thoughts and advice!

Commentaires (5)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    il y a 4 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 4 ans

It’s an office; the desk chair is on rollers…this laminate from Home Depot.

For instance:

This works with the abutting hardwood and a 5 x 12 sheet is $232.00.

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    il y a 4 ans

It looks like you have about a 5" wide Red Oak floor thats prefinished and probably Engineered. Just in case you are looking for a match.

• SJ McCarthy
    il y a 4 ans

I was going to suggest a low-pile carpet (like berber) that is a close colour match to the hardwood. JudyG's suggestion is a great one. The 'look' of the laminate is STONE...not wood. That means you can have a rigid floor WITHOUT worrying about a faux wood faux pas.

• PRO
    Studio Boise, LLC
    il y a 4 ans

My strong recommendation: continue the wood inside the office. It will give you the best looking result by a long shot even if you are not in love with the existing wood. A real hardwood is easy for a professional to match and blend. Do not, and I cannot stress this enough, do not use any fake imitation wood: laminate, vinyl, tile, etc. One "wood" material will make the other look horrible.

Shane Garman a remercié Studio Boise, LLC
  • ptreckel
    il y a 4 ans

What about cork flooring?

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».