Houzz Logo Print
bayarea_girl

Troubleshooting uploading photo problem

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
il y a 4 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 4 ans

Since many of us often have problems uploading photos on this forum, let's see if we can figure out what we can do to make it work for us. Please share your experience on how you make it work for you.

From my experience, here are the steps that I often do, and the photos uploaded without problems.

- I still use the gardenweb bookmark https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/roses to access the page using a browser (Chrome).

- To upload photos, I clicked on the "Photo" icon.

- After selecting a photo to upload, there's a period of time where the image will be displayed in a lower opacity. This means the photo hasn’t finished uploading yet. While the image is in low opacity, you should WAIT until the process is done and you see it in full color before clicking on the "Photo" icon to select another image to upload. Helen

Commentaires (13)

• totoro z7b Md
    il y a 4 ans

I do the same but the image does not finish uploading.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca a remercié totoro z7b Md
  • debbym, Tempe, AZ Zone 9
    il y a 4 ans

Same as totoro. The photo does not load and the comment and photo (or just the photo) just sits there and I have to log in again.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca a remercié debbym, Tempe, AZ Zone 9
  • jerijen
    il y a 4 ans

If you reduce the size of the photo, it will upload flawlessly.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca a remercié jerijen
  • Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
    il y a 4 ans

I don’t use their website in a browser. I use the Houzz app on my iPhone & iPad. I take all pictures with my iPhone. Then I upload from within the Houzz app using my iPhone or iPad, it doesn’t make a difference which, since all photos taken on my iPhone are immediately uploaded to my iPad. I don’t need to resize photos since the Houzz app resizes them while it uploads. Their app only allows 4 photos per post. I have never had any trouble posting photos this way. It seems like their app technology is more advanced than their website. I don’t own a computer; I use one at work just not at home.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca a remercié Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • roseseek
    il y a 4 ans

You will find if your photos are 300 dpi, they will upload here and to Help Me Find without issues. That is an optimum size for viewing on the Web. I set my camera to that density (file size) so the photos are already the correct size and don't require massaging to be ready for uploading. My Android phone seems to automatically take them that size as they upload without issue.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca a remercié roseseek
  • debbym, Tempe, AZ Zone 9
    il y a 4 ans

I will give it a try to reduce size of photos before trying to post. Sigh, I hate all the messing around with a million buttons to do a simple thing. I am not a lover of all this tech (expletive deleted) minutae needed to do these things. Drives my gardening brain crazy.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca a remercié debbym, Tempe, AZ Zone 9
  • roseseek
    il y a 4 ans

Oh, Debby, we all get that! I HATE adjusting the sizes. I just want to take the photo and have the dumb computer and even dumber web site KNOW what I want them to do and not require me to even think about it. I CAN do the adjustments. I CAN read the instructions and follow them. I DO NOT WANT TO. I am NOT interested in any of that and I am NOT alone. That is why I made the suggestion to simply set your camera to that setting, or, perhaps the setting on your equipment is something like "share on web" or something? It all relates to file size, the amount of information it contains. Too large, too much information and it either uploads very slowly or not at all, so make the equipment setting once and never have to think about it, again. The only down side is, if you intend to print those photos, they won't be AS good as they would have been as larger files with the greater amount of information. But, you'll never have to think about (nor do anything about) "sharing" them again, other than just share them.

• jerijen
    il y a 4 ans

Since I do often print images, I shoot them at a good size. They're 300 dpi, but 12-ins. I reduce them to 7-ins., and 220 dpi, and they're find for any of the websites.

I wish that were not necessary -- but I find it less frustrating than sitting there staring at the thing, to see if it will upload.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca a remercié jerijen
  • Mrs Gartin z6a KC
    il y a 4 ans

If I open house on my browser I have photo uploading problems. I just downloaded the house app and posted through that and it uploaded perfectly, right away.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca a remercié Mrs Gartin z6a KC
  • Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    il y a 4 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 4 ans

I've never had any problem posting if I wait. I can download a few at a time, but need to wait for all of them to "show". Then wait for them to submit. On my phone I also can't submit pics with the initial entry. It's frankly not any more onerous than other sites I frequent or even the "other.org" site. I have to wait just as long there for pics to post. I did lower the file size a long time ago as this is an issue with many forums. My problem is I can't type when I use my phone for Houzz and its voice recognition is a joke. Many people have issues with their app on Android so I've avoided it, but maybe that would solve the typing problem.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca a remercié Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • roseseek
    il y a 4 ans

I wish I could share some of the voice typing embarrassments! I will let you use your imagination what Google Voice Typing substituted for "Hugonis seedlings". My friend responded, "What in the H@!! are those???" LOL!

• PRO
    MJ McCabe-Garden Design
    il y a 2 ans

I have just spent an entire day trying to upload a series of new images to my account. I have tried every way possible but nothing will work--very frustrating --never had this problem before --all images uploaded fine in the past--Houzz does not offer much help

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».