Houzz Logo Print
kylieroberts3

Bathroom fixtures.

il y a 4 ans

I will be doing Chateau blanc naturel 60 x 60 floor tiles. Satin white large wall tiles. One small feature tile in a neural shade behind the new free standing bath.

Question: Black bath with chrome tap ware or white bath with black tap ware?

The other bathrooms have chrome taps. The house is not modern. We are going modern classical look. Not ultra modern.

A few have advised me the black tap ware might date.

Thoughts?

Commentaires (9)

• il y a 4 ans

I appreciate you replying. Thank you!

• PRO
    il y a 4 ans

Yes, all on-trend, fashionable colours date. This is a marketing ploy to keep bathroom suppliers in business. The black tapware trend has been around a few years now and I predict that it will go the same way as the red, blue and yellow tapware trends of the 1970's. If everybody has seen the black tapware on reality TV shows such as "The Block" then the trend is waning. You can't beat classic polished chrome for longevity.

Go with black tapware if you are a flipper, but if you are goingt o live in your house for more than 5 years go with classic polished chrome.

Best of luck

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• il y a 4 ans

I am really finding this helpful It's so hard to choose. Very affirming.

• il y a 4 ans

Then we had the apricot tapware of the 1098s.

• il y a 4 ans

oops 1980s

• PRO
    il y a 4 ans

Yes we agree with Dr Retro - all on-trend, fashionable colours date. Although this shouldn’t stop you from creating your dream bathroom.

Black is a popular choice as it can pair effortlessly with most designs and look stunning. The black bathroom trend doesn’t appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Given that your other bathrooms are using chrome tapware, to keep the consistency we suggest continuing that theme and instead make a feature of the black bath.

You can find black baths here and chrome tapware here from our store.

Kylie a remercié Fontaine Industries
  • PRO
    il y a 4 ans

Hi Kylie! Getting a bathroom right is so tricky - you want to make sure it complements the rest of your house, has a timeless appeal but also reflects your style and personality. It sounds like you are starting with a fairly neutral base so I'd be inclined to stick with a white bath (I think the black could be too heavy for the space) and chrome tapware. Have you considered something like brushed nickel or a satin chrome? These can be a nice compromise on not having basic polished chrome but also not as dramatic as black. You can always add touches of black with a beautiful textured towel, accessories or feature lighting. Best of luck!

Kylie a remercié Rebecca Pountney Design
  • il y a 4 ans

Thank you everyone. It has been really helpful. I am going with the white bath and chrome tap ware. Accents with towels and life.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».