Houzz Logo Print
yasemin_Ozekimci

Dark Navy Living Room - Sofa???

Yasemin Ozekimci
il y a 4 ans

Hi everyone,

We've just finished decorating the living room and I'm desperate for a new sofa. Which colour would work? I quite like the idea of matching the wall colour to the sofa (both dark navy) but it's quite a dark room already.

I'm also not confident enough to go with mustard sofas; we'll have mustard accents (pillows, lamp shade etc) but I'd like something plain to not stand out too much.

Any thoughts?

Commentaires (7)

• Juliet Docherty
    il y a 4 ans

Something like a tan one (like Sonia's last image) may be a good idea because it goes with so many schemes. It looks really good with navy but also with pared down neutrals and even goes with dirty pinks. Natural linen would also look good with navy.

• Maths Wife
    il y a 4 ans

Definitely any of the above. Tan / Cognac Leather for more drama, pale grey for subtle, or a neutral for a little more warmth. I personally wouldn't pick Navy.

• Daisy England
    il y a 4 ans

I’d aim for a pale grey. Definitely not navy as it might make the room feel too dark and oppressive.

• PRO
    Catherine White Interiors
    il y a 4 ans

I love the tan sofa! Also if you have it in leather will hopefully last longer etc. Warms up the space. Grey is great too, but it feels like it is everywhere these days, so I like to try and go for a bit of colour where I can. Good luck with your project!

• Yasemin Ozekimci
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Thanks so much everyone for your helpful tips!! :)

I think with two dogs pale grey might not be too convenient, but I happen to have a tan fabric sofa which I think with a bit of TLC might work in the space. hooray!

• hannahlouisecarrier
    il y a 4 ans

Generally they say if you've got dark walls to go with a lighter sofa. Whites are good but not practical so grey is always a safe option. Looking at the inspiration images some others are posting on this thread, grey really seems to pop.

Maybe something with a traditional shape like these two from abreo.co.uk?

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».