Houzz Logo Print
rjncook

how to install rounded top bowed mahogany doors

Julia Cook
il y a 4 ans

Can you tell me how to install rounded top, bowed, beveled glass doors? These doors came from an old house and I bought them from a salvage yard. However, my builder did not install them properly. I don’t think he knows how. Could you point me in the right direction?

Appalachian Woodwrights · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (3)

• Julia Cook
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Sorry, these are the doors I need installed.

• Julia Cook
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Rounded top, bowed, beveled glass mahogany Entry doors. My builder does not know how to install them. Can I get any help with this?

• PRO
    AppWood Custom Woodwork
    il y a 4 ans

Where are you located? If your close to us we could send someone out to install the doors.

Did the doors come pre-hung in a jamb or do you just have 2 doors?

Typically, the doors are hung in a jamb that slides into the rough opening with 1/2 to 1 inch of clearance. The you shim to plumb and square and secure the jamb to the studs. Trim out with moulding to cover the gap around the jamb.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».