Houzz Logo Print
jennkev112

Should I paint the sidelights the trim or door color?

Jennifer
il y a 4 ans

I’m not sure what color to paint my sidelights. Trim or door color? I’m also going to be changing the door color and am open to suggestions. I’m leaning towards a red.
Thank you!
Jennifer

Commentaires (13)

• kariyava
    il y a 4 ans

I would paint both the door and sidelights black (same as the storm door).

• chloebud
    il y a 4 ans

I agree with Patricia's comments. Definitely no red with the brick.

• houssaon
    il y a 4 ans

I almost always like the sidelights in white. Then the door is more of the focus.

• chloebud
    il y a 4 ans

Looking at the photos again. A white door could be nice against the brick and low, dark roof.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    il y a 4 ans

If there wasn't a door, would there be sidelights?

No. :)

Which means the side lights need to be "color coded" the same as the door.

• decoenthusiaste
    il y a 4 ans

Painting the sidelights white will make the door stand out more, IMO. Agree with black or the current color and no shutters, wider steps, a larger lantern light (1/4 - 1/3 the door's height,) new landscaping, and a new walkway to the street. I think new landscaping will be highest impact for this house though.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    il y a 4 ans

There's no right or wrong--it's really your preference. I happen to like the side lights to be the same color as the trim, with the door a contrasting color.

Like these:

Hollywood Hills exterior · Plus d'infos

Summer School (Cape Cod, MA) · Plus d'infos

Rustic Canyon New Home · Plus d'infos

Sweetbottom Plantation · Plus d'infos

• Lorr
    il y a 4 ans

Need to see entire front of house to answer this

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    il y a 4 ans

Generally I paint sidelights the trim color so the door can be the focus. I also don't like red with brick in most cases. If black is too borin what about purple? I just painted my front door Benjamin Moore 'Basalt'- looks like black at first until you get closer

• PRO
    User
    il y a 4 ans

Since your entry feels small I would paint the side lites to match the door, which will help enlarge the entry.

A red door will clash with the red-orange color of your brick. I would do a mossy green. A color scheme similar to this:

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    il y a 4 ans

Glo, the house you posted above looks beautiful in that gray/green paired with brick. The composition works because ALL the trim, siding and doors are the same beautiful muted green.

If the OP is going to go that route, then she should probably paint all the trim the same.

• PRO
    User
    il y a 4 ans

Yes, Diana Bier Interiors, LLC, wouldn't that look striking!

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».