Houzz Logo Print
ieva_b

very, very sad bedroom - needs some refresh

Ieva B
il y a 4 ans

Hello everyone. I have this very very sad bedroom, it's very narrow - 1.9m and approx 3.9m long.. so - it's super cold and awful. I am not planning to change the floor now so that has to stay. Perhaps I could paint the walls, but what colour? Light should also be changed, can you give me some ideas? I am so confused and no idea where to start and what to do.

Commentaires (6)

• Jonathan
    il y a 4 ans

If it were mine I would paint the walls a deeper neutral. I think the nearly white makes it look cold. I would also upgrade the curtains to something thicker, Mount the mirror on the wall, add extra artwork for pattern and colour.add a reading light next to the bed and get a thick pile rug.
    If the beds will go sideways consider that and adding a headboard and extra pillows to feel more sumptuous.
    Assuming it’s a guest room, guests appreciate a robe to wear to the bathroom, a chair, hooks on the wall (or back of door) with nice hangers for clothes and nice bedding.

• AMB
    il y a 4 ans

Can you push the beds apart? I think it would look better. Any guest couples could then choose if they want the beds together or not. I would paint the room a dark colour or put up some bold wallpaper on all or some of the rooms. Guest bedrooms and downstairs toilets are where you can go wild with design. Thicker curtains or roman blinds would be nicer on the window. I would also try and squeeze in some bedside furniture for glasses of water, eye glasses, books, phones, etc. for your guests.

• Jules Mc
    il y a 4 ans

If the beds do fit across the room the other way consider arranging them like an L-shape sofa for more floor space. One under the window and the other coming off it. Could be arranged like a spare sitting room until you have guests.

• Patrina
    il y a 4 ans

Very small but small can be gorgeous. I've attached pics for inspiration.

• PRO
    Lees Munday Architects
    il y a 4 ans

Simplyfy, Simplyfy, Simplyfy,

Unify the window wall by using say an off white shabby chic Venetian blind full width, or curtain rail full width and parking the curtain over the full right hand wall, possibly curving the rail down the left wall to park that side portion. Or better still do both. Both must be floor to ceiling. The Venetian can be kept above the rad in the winter.

Keep finishes and colours light, simple and only 2 main ones, otherwise its too fussy.

Lighting definitely low. Beds on left with small bedside cabinet.shelf to right and table light to wash the curtains. Light textured not patterned curtains. Or ditto in centre, but corner light works best as it does 2 walls. No more light needed.

Paint: soft white, durable absolute mat, not glossy as currently. Same colour but satin for all joinery. The window wall is too messy to pull out as a colour.

Rug: off white, textured, and hiding a lot of the floor. If the flooring is real wood with hard wax finish, overcoat with a whitening finish. Lightly hand sand it and overcoat with a partially white pigmented Osmo waxoil, to get rid of its harshness. Experiment first.

Light stalk and rug: remove, too contrasty.

The picture immediately above shows how such unification and simplification makes a small room work, but a central hanging light will ruin it at night..

Option: get a bed head in matching fabric, high enough to cover the cill, and pull the bed forward to let the heat out. This will simplify.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».