Houzz Logo Print
webuser_497843621

Which layout should I go for?

Anna
il y a 4 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 4 ans

I am in the process of buying one of the attached 50-55 square meter 2 bed flats. They are both in small purpose built buildings. One has a small balcony.

I would like to maximise use of space. I would like to put in fitted wardrobes, study space in one of the bedrooms, have a small dining space in the kitchen/lounge room and possibly improve bathroom and kitchen units.

What are your ideas and which one would you recommend. Which one can I get most from the space?

I have attached the floor plans of the two potential flats. Thank you!

Commentaires (7)

• PRO
    Thelma Henry Interiors
    il y a 4 ans

Hi Anna,

Defiantly the second option is the one. Having a balcony is like an extra room and you if its possible you could open the balcony door outwards that might give you a little extra space.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    il y a 4 ans

Which way does #2 balcony face -as if it’s north that you’d only get early morning sunshine on it . If you are renting bed two out then having it separate would be better too - so lots to think about !

• smac232
    il y a 4 ans

On the surface flat 2 is the clear winner but aspect is everything. You’d really need the living/dining/kitchen to be south or west facing. When all your living space is in one room, you really need natural light.

• Gabby Wong
    il y a 4 ans

I think version 2 as well, looks as though you get more space for kitchen units, also makes sense having the 2nd bedroom next door if you’re wanting it as a dressing room / study. Plus the balcony will be nice as an extra, plus means you have presumably glass doors instead of just windows which will let in more light :)

• Anna
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I was torn between balcony in 2nd option vs long kitchen/lounge room in 1st option which allows for some sort of separation between the 2 spaces. Hadn’t thought of lighting and which direction they both face but very helpful and will confirm!

Bedrooms in the 2nd option seem longer/thiner - do you think it would be easy to get fitted wardrobes/storage in them both without making them claustrophobic/too small.

• Tani H-S
    il y a 4 ans

I also prefer the 2nd option as having the living space separate to the bedroom space is ideal. You also have 2 storage cupboards in the hallway? You could utilise these for extra clothing or knock through from the small bedroom into the one cupboard to give a wardrobe space (hard without physically seeing it to know if that would work of course)

• kitchen wise - yes it isn’t as long but it has a nice shape (plus the balcony!) and I think you could add a peninsular island to this to create a dining space. If it comes off the wall with seating then it take up less space than a dining table and will give you more living space. Get some gas lift padded comfy stools with foot rest and you won’t notice it’s not a standard dining table! Plus it’s extra cooking/prep space when you have company.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».