Houzz Logo Print
crocokat

Nickel or brass fixtures?

crocokat
il y a 4 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 4 ans

Hi! I can’t seem to get this room right. I’m redoing the fireplace with brick That I will paint white. Also going to switch out light fixtures but can’t decide nickel or brass. The curtain rods and door handles are nickel. If I go brass do I need to switch out the rods? The room feels too orange to me. whats the problem here? The fireplace

change should help. Is it the chairs?

Commentaires (16)

• crocokat
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 4 ans

Get a piece of art for above the FP that mirror is not reflecting anything worth seeing twice.You could do with a better rug for sure with some color I don’t love the chairs with the tulip table either but that is just me probably. You might wan to switch lighting to LEDs in 4000K to get rid of the yellow hue. For sure the fireplace has an orange hue to it so once you get that done maybe the rest will make more sense.

crocokat a remercié Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • apple_pie_order
    il y a 4 ans

Stay with nickel for the new fixtures. What are your favorite pieces in the room?

crocokat a remercié apple_pie_order
  • PRO
    Geraghty and Associates
    il y a 4 ans

May be easier to compare here...

crocokat a remercié Geraghty and Associates
  • crocokat
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Wow. This looks really cool. Thank you for the inspo. I think with fireplace and light improvements it will help a lot. I’ll get the fireplace updated and report back

• crocokat
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

@apple_pie_order can I ask why you say nickel? Everyone else says brass. I like the table and chairs and art and mirror in the room.

• crocokat
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

was thinking of one of these lighting combos. The pendant light would go above fireplace so I can use the chain to center it. Other light would go above table. Any preferences?

• flopsycat1
    il y a 4 ans

Love Geraghty’s rendering!,

• apple_pie_order
    il y a 4 ans

I suggested nickel because It coordinates with what you have.

crocokat a remercié apple_pie_order
  • crocokat
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

@apple_pie_order thanks. So you think brass light fixtures won’t look good with brass lights? Thanks.

• apple_pie_order
    il y a 4 ans

It's a matter of personal taste. Geraghty showed some beautiful changes.

• PRO
    Hansen Wholesale
    il y a 4 ans

Here's adding a solid brass trim and screen to Geraghty's modifications:

Screen: 3-Sided Solid Brass Mini Crown Molding with Sliding Mesh Curtains attached to fireplace opening. There are many Solid Brass Trims and Castings available to create Custom Fireplace Screens

crocokat a remercié Hansen Wholesale
  • shellcontest
    il y a 4 ans

Not sure the look you are going for? The lights are modern industrial. The dining chairs are country. The dining table is modern. I’d pick a style on go all in. The mix isn’t working for me either.

crocokat a remercié shellcontest
  • crocokat
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Thanks. Point taken: unify the style for better cohesion.

• crocokat
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Thanks @hansen wholesale!! So pretty.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».