Houzz Logo Print
kayla_king46

Curtain or window covering advice

Kayla King
il y a 4 ans

Hello! I live in a 1929 house and I‘m looking to update my dining room. I want to embrace the age of the home, but I also want to update the style. I dislike the current window treatments and I’m hoping for some design advice on what window treatments/curtains I should use. I also have popcorn ceilings I have to work with :(

I want to update the dining room without major renovation, but struggling with the different size windows while trying to distract from the ceiling.

Commentaires (8)

• Kayla King
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Thank you! I have been struggling to get the photo to stay!

• Kayla King
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

• samondragon
    il y a 4 ans

I'm trying to figure out what that wall is behind the table. It looks like there's a narrow shelf above it. It's both strange looking & yet interesting. Why is there? Is it some kind of wainscoting? Since you want to retain the home's character, I'm assuming you want the wall to stay as opposed to taking it down completely & putting windows in its place. Not sure what to do with that wall but I"d leave the windows mostly uncovered. If anything, & for some privacy, I might install top down/bottom up shade just on those 2 long windows.

Kayla King a remercié samondragon
  • Kayla King
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Thank you so much for your idea! I do have some blinds there now. I just had them pulled up to try and get some better lighting. That is actually a giant wooden cheese tray that is sitting on the table. It is pushed up against the wall. it normally put away, but I was cleaning out the kitchen. Lol. I can see where this caused some confusion. Sorry about that! Yeah, I don’t want to install new windows at this time. Just looking for some small updates. I’m going to paint, new light fixtures, new blinds/curtain, etc. Thank you again.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 4 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 4 ans

If you want a bit of color I would do roman shades for those windows. Could you take a picture of the whole space that piece under the window is just weird.I jusr read the comment and the giant cheese tray needs to moved beore the new pics are taken

• njmomma
    il y a 4 ans

following

• PRO
    Paul Shaw, Ethan Allen
    il y a 4 ans

Hi Kayla, I offer window solutions for any spending plan or function. Would love to chat about your functional needs - maybe take a look at the space in its entirety. I can guide you through taking measurements and render the final solution with 3D software. - Paul

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».